Aztecs had Truth?

by skeeter1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

JW relative watched History Channel show on Aztecs. Aztecs predict world will end in 2012.

My question is, "If the Aztecs had the Truth, shouldn't we be playing violent organized sports and sacrificing virgins?"

anyway....

please help me with a reply to my overzealous JW relative who badly wants the end of the world...or to prove to me that it's near so I get my tail back to the KH.

Skeeter

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Truth? You can't handle the truth.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I thought it was the Mayans, but this whole thing is bogus. One, it presumes that they knew something more than we did. and two, the Mayan calendar doesn't "run out" in 2012, it starts over. It's a bit like saying the end of the world will come on December 31 because that's when the calendar ends.

• Gerard
    Gerard

These new age "archaelologists" are full of it.

The Aztecs did not predict the end of the world. Hell, they could not even predict the Spanish warriors, who they wine & dined, were going to devastate their kingdom.

Mesoamercan cultures had no calendars but harvest cycles and some had astral cycles (sometimes of 52 years each). Nevermind none of the Meso-Amercan tribes knew the judean/christian calendar to nail 2012. Just think about it and don't go through life carrying this implanted fear.

• sinis
    sinis

Sure keep telling yourself that. Those people had NO concept of a wheel yet they were able to move 20 ton, plus, rocks. The Mayan long count is around 26 thousand years. Even with todays technology and algorithims it was still a big task to show the galatic long count. So how did these "jungle natives" figure that out, going 22 thousand years into the past and then forseeing 4 thousand more into the future? They do not believe it is the end, but they did believe that the gods where coming back.

Also the prophecy for Quetzalcoatl was that he would return in the year of Ce Acatl. Very coincidental that Cortez happened to show up in the same year and day as this gods return.

Also the pyramid rock gaps are 1/200th of an inch, and the corners are PERFECT by an laser transit standard. Yea, tribal primates with no technology were able to accomplish that feat...

• sinis
    sinis
    I thought it was the Mayans, but this whole thing is bogus. One, it presumes that they knew something more than we did. and two, the Mayan calendar doesn't "run out" in 2012, it starts over. It's a bit like saying the end of the world will come on December 31 because that's when the calendar ends.

No, it does not start over. The long count is the end and mysteriously the Mayans do not show any thing after this.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    My question is, "If the Aztecs had the Truth, shouldn't we be playing violent organized sports and sacrificing virgins?"

We are, we are.

Warlock

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Mayan calander ends in 2012 are you saying the aztecs were in on this info also. Or are you confusing your mexicans?

Coast to Coast radio with George Noori is always refering to the Mayan calander running out.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i'll see you all here in 2013.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Virgin males? Sacrifice away (Cept me!)

Virgin females? That is a crime, and I will not allow it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit