my letter to WTS - RE: the UN problem

by badwillie 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• badwillie
    badwillie

MacHislopp & Path - you are welcome to use/edit the contents of my letter. I'm glad that some found it helpful. FYI... I Fedexed the letter and I am tracking it too so that I will get a signature of who received it. This way if I get no response I at least will know that they made a decision to keep quiet on the matter. Let's see what happens, I'll let you know.
    Hey Mac - do you live in the UK? ...I lived in London for almost 9 years.
    - BadWillie.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

There's nothing to be afraid of writing such a letter and using your name. Failing to use your name gets you no reply and therefore is of limited impact and value.

In this case, I am not sure whether the society would send a copy of your letter to your local congregation. I would send a copy to your local elders and state that you have written because you were concerned. You don't have to keep secrets.

Further many people have been advised by Brooklyn to write to the Society regarding this matter. You are only following direction and your local elders are not qualified to comment on this matter.

You should be prepared for the possibility of the Society writing your elders to discuss their reply with you, or at least making some sort of follow-up visit. This is not something to be concerned over either, since you merely are interested in the Society's response, and not in a debate over the particulars of it.

Path

• gotcha
    gotcha

i'm as good as dead if i used my name...hmmm...i'm thinking..

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Badwillie,

You got guts, very nice letter!

Don't expect them to give you any straight answers(been there done that), but I'm glade for your letter you'll atleast keep them in the hot seat.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • gotcha
    gotcha

really path?..thanks...i'm still trying to build up my evidence like the un letter coz as of now..no one believes me even my mom...so im writing the un to get an original copy of the letter but i dunno if this is possible coz of my distance..im from the phils....i'm still thinking if it's worth the time, effort, and money to do this..coz i know that it's gonna be hard to open their eyes for them

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

gotcha,

I have the orginal letter as of today. It came in the mail. Hoeffel used a black pen to sign it.

Gotcha, if their interested and don't believe tell them to phone Paul themselves at 212-963-8070.

Also with respect to the criteria. There are the press releases and UN ECOSOC Resolutions of 1968. Its outlined at Kent's site with instructions as how yuo yourself can order the releases from the library.

hawk

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hello Gotcha.

I don't think an original copy of the letter will do any more good than a legitamate copy. Witnesses have a way of asking for 'proof' and when it is provided they then resort to "well, where are you going to go?". They either are reasonable or they are not.

The Society will also not deny having been associated with the United Nations as an NGO. What they will do is downplay any involvement they have had and make it seem harmless. The tables will then be turned on YOU and you will be made to appear as if you have "bad motives" and are implying too much into such an arrangement.

For most Witnesses, this will be sufficient. But for those who have actually been well aware of what the Society has taught over the years, this will not sit well.

All you can do is explain as best you can why such a relationship with the UN was hypocrital and wrong and hope your relatives can reason this out. That the WT resigned when all this came to light, shows that such a relationship was UNNECESSARY to the functioning of the WT and that when such actions were brought to light, MANY persons found such conduct OBJECTIONABLE.

Anyway, best of luck.

Path

• gotcha
    gotcha

ok...tomorrow i'm going to mail my letter to the un..well the thing here is that they say that this letter is fake...so i ought to prove them wrong...my mom and her friend told me how it is impossible for the watchtower to be members so just wait...just wait till i show it to their faces...and to add to that they say that of course the un would admit that the watchtower is involved even if they werent coz they just want to destroy the tower's name....and so....i need to show proof that the tower willfully joined.....thanks thanks..

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I have read before that the Watch Tower Society will NOT reply to a letter that doesnt include a full name and address on it. So if you are expecting a reply and dont provide that...dont wait by the box.

• badwillie
    badwillie

I WANT a reply, and I will frame it and hang it on my wall if I get one! I Fedexed the letter and I will get the signature of whoever receives it. If I get no reply then at least I have the proof that they deliberately left me hangin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit