After 18months I get called on - Elder confrontation.

by wozadummy 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i read this yesterday. and want to commend you and your wife for standing up to these dopes. they just don't get it do they till you STAND UP TO THEM. yours is a sick story, and this wt ZOMBIE was trying to talk his way out of it. But you were a man , and made him look and feel like , the piece of $hit that he is. you did better than good. you put him and the wt doctrine in place. trust me this dog will never show up at your door again. but if any of these wt idolizers , do try to bamboozle you again just give them some more HUMBLE PIE. JOHN

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what a great scripture for this issue! I am impressed by what you said and how much you love your wife. It's true that molesters don't think they have done anything wrong, they don't think rules apply to them. However, they want everyone to keep it quiet because they know the rest of us hate child abuse. They just don't want to get in trouble.

"it is common for some mothers to proxy their daughters" - that's something I haven't heard before. Do you have any more information about it? I know what it means, but I want to understand it more.

These folks work in secrecy - shining a light on their behavior, and confronting enablers are both really important.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

THANK YOU!!! Thank You!!!

You dont realized that you have spoken for so many of us survivors.

THANK YOU!!

Hugs

• LaniB
    LaniB

My best wishes for you and your wife. I am glad to see that after so many years of being let down by those who were suppose to love and protect her that your wife has someone who will not only do both but who will fight for her as well. You sound like a wonderful husband.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so glad your wife has you-and you have her. You are both showing a lot of courage among a lot of cowards. They deserve at the very least our scorn and at the best our pity.

Someone said that religion can't make bad men do good things, but it can make good men do bad things. I think this is what is happening in the WT org. A lot of good men are allowing their religious beliefs, training and indoctrination to overcome the good in them. And of course, the bad ones like her father-well, the WT couldn't make him good, it couldn't even make him repentant. You are well rid of all of them. I wish I could just hug your poor wife-she has lost a lot in this-her innocent childhood and her family and her faith. Its hard having most of what you love ripped out and destroyed. I'm glad she has you.

Shelly

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Thank you again for all your supportive comments since my last post ,I intend to keep this thread updated over time as the court case progresses and if any elders come back.

Hortensia - as far as proxy-ing goes this is information that was given us by health professionals over the years ,it came as a bit of a surprise to me too and it took a while for me to get a grip on that behaviour.

I know other victims come on this site ,and I hope that this knowing that it has happened to others and that there is support will comfort some here. By leaving the WTS my wife has become better now and not feeling so alone and feelings of dread and shame .She has learnt that the family she thought was hers was not really a family and the same goes for the WTS affiliation ,the"brotherhood" is a failure under test which struggles under the yoke of hypocrisy. There is some individuals that are kind and loving but as an organisation it works against peace for the sick, mentally and physically and the damaged as many here have found out, and the few good ones are stopped from talking to us or even knowing what happened to my wife.

thanks again

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

woza fantastic reasoning in your discussion with the elder. That deuteronomy scripture is spot on.

best wishes to you and your wife

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hiya wazza. You're not a dummy anymore are you?! That was an outstanding post because it is about an extraordinary conversation. If I knew you I'd be proud that you stood up to him and defended your precious wife. Please tell her that she is one magnificent woman for going to the police - that would be quite traumatic without the support of family. Kudos to you both, and I hope that day by day you get stronger and more confident in your ability to handle this situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit