I don't want to Die in this system!!

by Save My Soul 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

When I saw my Grandmother lying on her death bed, going in and out of consciousness. The one thing she was muttering is how the end hadn't come! That she was dying and she knew that she wouldn't see the end of the system!(this was after the generation change) I could only imagine the disappointment she must of had, being raised a witness since 1914. Having a mother who was of the Annointed, then on her death bed, coming to the realization that her core belief hadn't come true!

This was the start of what I would call my awakening. I started to question the beliefs I was being taught and come to realize now, that its not the "truth". I guess you could say her death in a way made me to start to live.

The fact is, all things die and until God or anyone else changes that, it won't stop!

kerj2ofthelivinclass

• flipper
    flipper

Save My Soul- I remember a friend an elder, good family friend who used to take me out in service as a teenager and he made the statement," Have you ever been to a funeral in other religions where they believe in going to heaven? Alot of them are still crying at the funeral because they don't really believe in a heaven or that they'll be there to rejoin their dead loved ones. If they really thought so and so was going to heaven to recieve their reward, wouldn't they be happy? So deep down, they don't believe it, they know they're going to die." The irony in this is the witnesses are just as confused, however they have such strong misguided beliefs that they really think they will live in a paradise and welcome these people back. My wife and I went to a witness funeral 4 months ago, and everybody was happy, smiling, acting like it was a promotional party for the jw concept. Sickening! The only ones who were sad the lady died were her relatives who weren't witnesses. It's so weird how the witnesses take the emotion out of real mourning, because of a fantasy that will never happen! Sigh! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've seen and done some serious crying at Witness funerals, but I do have to admit they are often among the worst funerals you'll ever attend for the reasons just listed.

S4

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

for at least 87 years the WTS has said that millions now living will never die; that the OS can look forward to being unique among humans, having never died.

Those in my parents generation are seeing contemporaries die, and are wondering if they will personally realize that promise. In the minds of those who made that promise, they have not lied if only one person surivives w/o dying. Where are the millions, only baptized jws. The WTS conditions their statments by saying "as a group" these will survive. No guarantees for individuals. What about those who put off marriage and/or children "for the sake of the good news"?

Blondie

"Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old...." (1920, Millions Now Living Will Never Die p. 89-90)

The whole basis of the statement "millions now living will never die" (which the WTS still proudly uses) was based upon the teaching of the WTS that the end was going to occur in 1925. Notice how the writer says "we may confidently expect." Notice a similar statement in the WT January 1, 1997 p. 11: "In the early 1920’s, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah’s Witnesses was entitled 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die.' This may have reflected overoptimism at that time. But today that statement can be made with full confidence."The fact that a woefully false and inaccurate statement was made is glossed over by saying it was merely "overoptimism." In addition, the author makes the same mistake that Rutherford made back in the 1920's. Just as in the early 1920's they were sure they could "confidently expect" something that didn't happen, likewise, in the 1997 article reference is made to having "full confidence." How can I, or anyone else, have "full confidence" in a statement made by an organization that made the same statement 75 years earlier that turned out to be completely wrong? The only thing I am confident about is that I can't trust the Watchtower Society.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    It's so weird how the witnesses take the emotion out of real mourning, because of a fantasy that will never happen!

Witnesses have no emotion, we were DRONES. Worldly is bad, Watchtower is good, no matter what, Do as you are told are you can NEVER see anyone u have loved that have died.

What a sick thought process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit