My wife left me two weeks ag

by littlemike 33 Replies latest jw friends

• littlemike
    littlemike

I dont post on here that often but look everyday.

I used to be an elder and left the Witnesses 5 years ago. My wife left 6 years ago.

In my opinion my wife and I have had the best 5 years of our lives because we have been married 28 years.

After 28 years of marriage she sent me a text you need to go home there is a letter on our bed. In the letter she clearly states she has left me because she does not love me in the real way. I am like a brother to her! Then she admits to lies and betrayal and says whe is madly in love with someone and he makes her feel like a real woman!!

We have three lovely kids. We never used to argue. Lovely holidays, lovely house and all you get after 28 years is a letter.

How crap is that..

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I'm sorry. You're right. That is crappy.

(((((((((( littlemike )))))))))))

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((littlemike))))))))))))))

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

very sorry Mike

Glad that you have 3 lovely children from your marriage.

Take care

qtlg

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

dude, that totally sucks. i'm sorry.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I'm sorry to hear about your marriage..the method of news delivery certainly sucks.

In my opinion though, having been there, signs of unhappiness are often there but go unnoticed until after the fact. What you see is no fighting, a beautiful home, lovely vacations and children - what she might have seen is complacency and lonliness. I don't know her so I can't really say, but seldom does anyone just fall into a relationship with another person, there is usually something missing in their lives for themself that needs to be filled. This must be a difficult time for you - stay strong. sammieswife.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    After 28 years of marriage she sent me a text you need to go home there is a letter on our bed. In the letter she clearly states she has left me because she does not love me in the real way. I am like a brother to her! Then she admits to lies and betrayal and says whe is madly in love with someone and he makes her feel like a real woman!!

wow that's crazy harsh.
    I'm sorry that you're going through this but she doesn't sound like a very nice wife or person for that matter and you don't need that kind of crap. That's just so rude. And besides what is it with people breaking up with people through IM and texts? - One of the only things I hate about modern technology. It makes it easier for some people to get out of handling things properly.
    I hope things get better for you, I'm sure this is hard to deal with right now but I'm sure things will be fine in time.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Littlemike,

Sorry for the upheaval in your life. The J. Geils Band had it right: "Love Stinks."

You love her
    But she loves him
    And he loves somebody else
    You just can't win

And so it goes
    Till the day you die
    This thing they call love
    It's gonna make you cry

I've had the blues
    The reds and the pinks
    One thing for sure

(Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah

Two by two and side by side
    Love's gonna find you yes it is
    You just can't hide
    You'll hear it call
    Your heart will fall
    Then love will fly
    It's gonna soar
    I don't care for any casanova thing
    All I can say is
    Love stinks

(Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah

I've been through diamonds
    I've been through minks
    I've been through it all
    Love stinks

(Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah
    (Love stinks)
    Love stinks yeah yeah

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i have to agree with missanthro. people that do this are spineless worms. be the better person bro.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    i have to agree with missanthro. people that do this are spineless worms.

Now..now...we shouldn't judge so harshly without understanding both sides of the argument. What you might see as spineless, others have resorted to because of survival. If you've ever been around a person who controls, manipulates, lies, threatens and intimidates in any way, then you will be able to understand why face to face confrontation is not always a good idea. There are also people who will refuse to accept the decision of the spouse to leave, not because they love them, but because of the embarassment, shame, loss of control and/or prestige that it costs them in the eyes of others. There are far too many people, more women than men, who when they try to talk to their spouses about their decision to leave, end up dead. A victim of violence. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit