Name Things You Love About Stupid Topics!

by BlackPearl 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what's wrong with a little lightness? Everything doesn't have to be serious and heavy. I like the stupid topics, like the joking and teasing. It's just friendly.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I used to think the silly stuff was beneath me and not worth my time. I've sinced developed an appreciation for it, however.

I had a sort of breakdown a couple of years ago, due to some bad events in my life. I was in a bad way, stopped eating for a while, stopped interacting with others, obsessively washed my hair until half of it had fallen out. Although I quit posting here for a while, I used to occasionally come hear and read the fluff threads- ONLY the fluff, as it's all I could handle. My doctor told me if that's the only way I can feel connected to who I used to be, it's a healthy outlet. There were times that the only thing that I looked forward to, that made me sorta smile, were the silly little fluff threads I read. The sillier the better, I say.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, my hair grew back, only now it's frizzy instead of straight. And all the weight I lost from not eating, well, it came back, as well.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Lots of death, lots of sadness, marital problems and the standard wreckage of post-cult life.

Been alot of that stuff on JWD.

Yeah.

I like stupid for a change. So shoot me.

• eclipse
    eclipse

It's like eating a favorite snack....or having a chocolate bar, if that is your pleasure...

Only fluff threads have no calories, yummy-ness without the unhealthy consequences of eating junk food.

They are a comfort and a distraction when there is pain and suffering...

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

OK, I get it. It's like mindlessly watching episodes of Gilligans Island or Leave it to Beaver over and over again just for the mindless entertainment of it. I got it. That makes sense.

BP

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Some people hate it but I love fluff

• DJK
    DJK

A little of everything makes for a well balanced forum. IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit