7.7.07 Green Day/Earth Day whatever they are calling it!!!

by purplesofa 17 Replies latest social current

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hope you all are getting to watch some of this, milissa etheridge is on now and awesome.

john mayer was too..........both great on guitar.

but melissa is putting the fire under every ones ass to do something.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Alicia Keyes is an amazing young woman. What talent. Thanks for posting this, I would have forgot about this special.

Leslie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    alicia was great and i LOVE her hair!!!!
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

love dave matthews and boyd tinsley

one of the best concerts i ever went to

they are on now.

John Mayer earlier,,,,,,,,,,,,great on guitar..........boyd tinsley........awsome on the fiddle

• JeffT
    JeffT

I wonder

How much energy is being waisted on these concerts ?

How much polution and litter is also being generated by said concerts ?

Do these concert attendees really care that they are doing said things. When they are supposed to be fighting against them.

I agree 100% I heard on the radio this morning that Madonna had to fly an entourage of 100 people in on a private jet to put on her show. Meanwhile she's got a bunch of cars sitting in the garage of her mansion waiting to spew more pollution into the air. I suspect this is typical for the preformers. So what we had was a bunch of rich people telling us to do what they say, not what they do. As far as I'm concerned this thing had about as much moral authority as a JW District convention.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I wonder

How much energy is being waisted on these concerts ?

How much polution and litter is also being generated by said concerts ?

Do these concert attendees really care that they are doing said things. When they are supposed to be fighting against them.

I agree 100% I heard on the radio this morning that Madonna had to fly an entourage of 100 people in on a private jet to put on her show. Meanwhile she's got a bunch of cars sitting in the garage of her mansion waiting to spew more pollution into the air. I suspect this is typical for the preformers. So what we had was a bunch of rich people telling us to do what they say, not what they do. As far as I'm concerned this thing had about as much moral authority as a JW District convention.

I'm with you guys.

Warlock

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I disagree.

I think you have to look at a much bigger picture. You are not going to be able to keep artist from performing. And if they want to put a message out there, and that is there avenue then so be it.

It is about heightened awareness. You cannot hold artist accountable for pollution and litter. Many artist use bio-diesel fuels. Recycle stuff. Its expensive to do the things they do, they have the money to do it.

Maybe the people that enjoyed the concerts, will remember to love the planet we live on and do the little things to care for it. And maybe the governments will get their heads out of of their greedy asses and do the big things necessary to care for our home.

purps

• Littledreamfaery
    Littledreamfaery

I didn't like half the artists who were playing live Earth. And a lot of them were being rather hypocritical playing Live Earth as they do not follow the message.

I've always been a supporter of stopping climate change, But I realise that even if I do my bit for the rest of my life its not going to do much good, But I guess I can be happy in knowing I have done my bit.

There are still people who say climate change isn't happening, that its all a big farce. Well I'm sure summer isn't meant to be one being torential downpore, and winters used to be colder, oh I sound such an old lady, only 22 and saying the weather isn't like it used to be. tut!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit