One in five Americans thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth

by Illyrian 49 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

that statement can't be true bikerchic. you see, the world revolves around me, so, it cannot revolve around anyone else.

• golfhl
    golfhl

well think what you like, but try do you google on solar sytem

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

golf, apparently you don't realise we are joking. since your a newbie, i'll cut you some slack. we put things on here sometimes that are stated as factual, but, everyone knows we are joking. just smile dude, it's all in good fun

• golfhl
    golfhl

I did ;)

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

ah, touche' my friend. i think i'm gonna like you. lol, btw, welcome to the board.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

One in five people in the UK at the present time think it's Winter already.It was revealed during a conversation on a television programme the other evening that a programme producer on the Richard and Judy show thought it was Armageddon because no one seems to have seen the sun recently.

If planet earth revolves around the sun how come we haven't seen it since last Easter. Where is it ,any clues?

Please can you remind us what it looks like.Come to think about it we seem to have lost the Moon as well.Is one silver and the other like a fire ball?

I'm not seeing stars either!

Clouds revolve in the sky and keep emptying themselves at an alarming rate while life boats patrol the streets in Yorkshire ,that's a fact.

Does all this mean that the devil being cast out of heaven is angry because he has so little time left?

Will people be able to pet sharks real soon as well as lions and tigers .

• eclipse
    eclipse

One of the most entertaining threads I've read in a long time, you guys are hilarious!

LOL @ the pioneer sister who thought the moon was just the other side of the sun....Too funny, bigdreaux! Has she never seen the moon in the sky at dawn?? or at dusk? lol (loved her face at that question -) clearly an IQ of oh, 80.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I guess I should be happy I love science anyway, yikes!

I actually remember correcting a teacher about the way the Earth moves in 3rd grade.

It's complicated to explain how she got it wrong....I'll give it a shot.

She said seasons came from the ends of the earth spinning. The Earth's tilt does not change, but in spinning around the sun, different portions are exposed to varying degrees of light.

She was demonstrating it with a globe, and she was spinning the whole thing around. The Earth just rotates ON it's axis. The axis doesnt move (Technically it does, but really slowly. not fast enough to make new seasons. :P )

• Terry
    Terry

This thought just popped into my widdle head:

Today we obligatory public education. People are compelled to send their children to school and to review (sign off) on their report cards.

If people are this ignorant in the face of obligatory public education today--JUST THINK HOW IGNORANT people were BEFORE compulsory public education!!!

The people who WROTE THE BIBLE, for example!

Is it any wonder the majority of history is driven by wild, speculative, superstitious fantasy??!!

• Illyrian
    Illyrian
    Is it any wonder the majority of history is driven by wild, speculative, superstitious fantasy??!!

LOL this is the best one sentence summary of the entire human history I've ever read

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit