One in five Americans thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth

by Illyrian 49 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

illy, i totally agree that the education system in the u.s.a. needs a major overhaul, but, i fail to see what this has to do with illigel immagration. actually, yeah, it does, but, not in the way you think. our schools are being overrun and the tax payers can't keep up. this would be a anti-immagration point if you ask me. btw, i am not against immagration, i am against illegal immigration htough.

• 5go
    5go
    Which is why now China produces about 600.000 University educated engineers a year, India about 350.000 and whole of USA only 70.000. http://migration.ucdavis.edu/mn/more.php?id=3237_0_3_0

And then US citizens complain about immigration, perhaps something should be then seriously done to radically change education system and quickly.

One could point out that one they have abillion each to our 300 million population. Also we teach their 950,000 engineeers so that also has to account for something as well.

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

5go lol, both China and India are third world countries, that's the point. Given amount of resources in US which is probably 1000 times over, a billion poor people is hardly an excuse for US, and even a sad fact of life to use it as an excuse at all.

• 5go
    5go
    5go lol, both China and India are third world countries, that's the point. Given amount of resources in US which is probably 1000 times over, a billion poor people is hardly an excuse for US, and even a sad fact of life to use it as an excuse at all.

Pretty much agree !

• golfhl
    golfhl

IP_SEC: the earth does move around the sun, actually it moves around the sun in ellipses . The earth is closest to the sun in January about 147 millions km. the graphic you show dosent work

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    IP_SEC: the earth does move around the sun

Are you absolutely sure of this? From where I stand I take note of the sun moving across the sky. Also I do not feel the earth moving... I can tell when I am on something that is moving such as a car or rollercoaster... or some such thing.

What you speak of seems preposterous to me.

Please excuse if I seem overly arrogant in my over abundance of cosmological knowledge.

• golfhl
    golfhl

Yes I'm sure. The sun is in the center of our solar system, the sun is about 25 days to rotate around the earth (taken from equator) the duration of a day, is because the earth spins around its own axis

• golfhl
    golfhl

the sun is about 25 days to rotate around the earth- corection: the earth is about 25 days to rotate around the sun sorry

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

golf, you probably think the world is round too sheesh, don't you know anything. IP-SEC is correct, the sun revolves around the earth. and the earth is flat.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Oh jeese....

I thought the topic said "one in five men think the world revolves around them"......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit