they are no longer shunning me....

by BlackSwan of Memphis 13 Replies latest jw friends

• reneef
    reneef

There comes a time when you hve to take back your power and get control of your own life. You teach people how to treat you. So you have just told them you don't find this treatment acceptable.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Black Swan,

I once captured an impressionistic black swan on canvas and encased it in a gorgeous gilt frame. If I hadn't sold it, I would send it to you. You were kind toward me in your thoughts and words, and I truly wish that you be upbuilt by all the positive energy coming your way in your time of need!

Love,

CoCo

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I

Today on the phone, after being told that the reason I could not have family support while Hannah had been having her health issues was because they didn't want to offend Jehovah, I told my mother that was why I want nothing else to do with any of them.

t always amazes me how easy it is for the witness' to dismiss children because of their parents actions.

I'm almost where your at, not quite, but close.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Well I finally fixed my net...

t always amazes me how easy it is for the witness' to dismiss children because of their parents actions.

I'm almost where your at, not quite, but close.

Sphere: That's what bother's my husband so much. What did His kids do to deserve this? Let alone ours... His kids. Innocent children.... It's truly amazing.

Dear Black Swan,

I once captured an impressionistic black swan on canvas and encased it in a gorgeous gilt frame. If I hadn't sold it, I would send it to you. You were kind toward me in your thoughts and words, and I truly wish that you be upbuilt by all the positive energy coming your way in your time of need!

Love,

CoCo

Coco: Wow, thank you. This stops me in my tracks searching for the right words. I read your thoughts tonight and I just could feel what you feel. Been there. Thank you.

There comes a time when you hve to take back your power and get control of your own life. You teach people how to treat you. So you have just told them you don't find this treatment acceptable.

Yes you are right about this. I think that for me, for a long time I didn't think I have the "right" to do this. Taking back this power is something that a dear member has tried to help me to understand since this beginning. You are very right about this.

Isn't that NUTS! I was thinking that too! We start shunning THEM and THEN we will hear all their garbage.

I'm sorry things havn't gone as well as you would like them to within your jw family contacts. I am learning to deal with their silence as well.

I've noticed that when I describe those I knew at the hall I always had to slip in, "they are a bit odd though." All I knew at the hall had their oddities and quirks. I think they are bad people. I don't think they know God and thus do not have his spirit and so display the works of the flesh. We have incurred their wrath and so their lostness shows itself to us as poor behavior. So, while they are our family and old friends, they are lost and thus bad association and NO FUN to be around because of their fleshly behaviors. I try to help them and be available to them, but in the end I am BETTER for their silence than if I had them. I think that is a sad commentary on their situation.

As my boss tells me, their behavior says much more about THEM than it does YOU.

Take care. I hope the best for you.

Wow. Ok, what is really interesting about your post reminds me of a conversation I just had on another discussion board. I will send you a pm. I think that you make some great points. It is comforting to be reminded of them. Thank You. Hey exn, ya know...interstingly she (they?) kept calling afterwards. Now, the thing is this: I KNOW my family very well. And screaming matches are not uncommon. This was the case when I was a JW. This family has some serious issues. When I did what I did, my heart was racing, and well, the best description would be panic attack. So, I didn't pick up. Ohhhhhhhhh she finally got my voice mail and left a few choice words which showed she didn't listen to a word I said. She Did say, which I had to unfortunately agree with, that I don't respect that they have to "put Jehovah first". She also said, (you'll love this) that this makes for a better way of life. I don't know whose life she's talking about, cuz it shure ain't mine or hers. I didn't call back. I wasn't about to get into it with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit