the things that are wrong with being a JW

by alanv 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here is all you need:

The Bible states there is only ONE TRUE God. Fact.

The NWT states (uniquely from all other Bibles) that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was a god".'

Fact: the WTS teaches that the "Word" was Jesus.

Assertion 1: if there is only ONE TRUE God, then all other Gods or gods must be false. Therefore, the "Word" was a false god.

Assertion 2: if there is more than one true god (God) then the statement that there is only only ONE TRUE God is false and the Bible cannot be trusted just based upon that.

Assertion 3: if the unique translation of the NWT is wrong by adding and "a" to god then God could not possibly be directing them in such an important issue.

Assertion 4: the classical and koine Greek language did not have any punctuation nor did it have have capitalization for proper nouns. Therefore, the NWT words "God" and "god" are English terms and a diversion. Remember, the Bible says there is only ONE true God.

Assertion 5: if there is only ONE TRUE God, then Jesus is a false God.

Assertion 6: if the NWT version of John 1:1 is true, JWs are polytheists and Jesus is a god, and that negates the scripture that says there is only one true god. This makes them idiots.

But we already know they are idiots. They are so stupid, they have not, or can not figure that part out.

Farkel

• garybuss
    garybuss

Farkel, Good post old friend! I hope you're well and happy and having a good summer.

A Rabbi told me once that one third of the words in the Hebrew Bible are guessed at based on understanding and context. Hell and hello are spelled the same.

The Greek Bible is an interesting work. It's rather foolish for the Witnesses to make the addition of one "a" to the text the keystone to their whole religion, but as you so well pointed out, that's what they have done.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hello Gary,

For the folks who are not the oldtimers like Gary and myself, it was Gary and only Gary who inspired me to write stuff in a way similiar to his. I would have never even been engaged in apostate activity had it not been for me reading the stuff Gary wrote. That is to say, satire with spunk. For you newbies, you need and MUST read his classic "The History of Everything and Stuff." No, WAIT! I wrote that one!

THIS is the classic piece that got me into this JW mess and this shows the genius of Sir Gary:

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/truth.htm

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Farkel..My man!!..I finely have sound on my Computer!!..Would you please share your art!!..Thanks!!...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

Outlaw,

Here ya go!

Fark's Piano Music Sampling:

http://new.ddsweb.net/production/farkel/da_farkel.htm

Farkel

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Welcome Alan. Post your story when you get a chance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit