U.S. Supreme Court to Rule on JW D-to-D

by RationalWitness 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RationalWitness
  • Amazing
    Amazing

Hi RW: Yes, I heard this report this morning too. Oddly enough, the issue started in Ohio, the same state where the Judge (Ratherflawed) opened the campaign of 'Advertizing' the King and his Kingdom. It will be interesting to see how the Supreme Court treats this. It is worth watching closely. Thanks for the post. - Amazing

• wannahelp2
    wannahelp2

Sorry,

It's wannahelp, but I posted too many times today.. So had to make a second account (wannahelp2).. How original, huh..

Anwyay:

I can see merits to this system -- BIG TIME --

It can protect the citizens by having the person register with the town.. The town should do a background check to make sure the person has no criminal record that would preclude this stuff (Say, petty theft, etc) as well as a sex-offender database to make sure the person is 'safe'..

Only after that should an ID card be granted..

This way the resident answering the door can instantly see the ID card, and know that the person they are talking to has been screened and is safe by the authorities..

The JW's should have no problem with this, after all, they have no problem following secular authority.. They pride themselves on how well they follow the 'law of the land'..

And the JW's cannot state that they are being forbidden from preaching the good news.. After all, it's a conscience matter if they choose to become registered and stay out in field service or not.. But it is their choice..

<ROFL>.. Damn, I scare myself sometimes..

Actually, seriously.. I just re-read this.. It makes sense.. I think a representative from Silent Lambs should goto that court appeal with all the 'pedophile' stuff, and show just how dangerous a situation can arise from this stuff.. Just using the JW's as an example, but the same can happen with any door-to-door saleman, not just JW's..

Maybe we should lobby for a nation wide system as such!!!!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Perhaps Jimmy Swaggert will step in and help um out aye?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a copy of the U.S. Appeals court decision on this case?

The AP story on www.cnn.law stated "The case is Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York Inc., et al. v. Village of Stratton, Ohio, et al., 00-1737."

A search of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit gets me nowhere. (How dense am I? or is it really not there?)

Help, please?

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• outnfree
    outnfree

bttt for assistance?

MadApostate -- haven't found that "Do Not Call" thread yet? Can you help me?

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Pierced Angel
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot

The "Peddling & Solicitation Law" recently went into effect in our area.

A woman was brutally murdered by an 18-year-old who was selling magazine subscriptions door-to-door. (One of those groups that get dropped off by the vanful and don't eat if they don't sell x-amount of subscriptions) He was broke and hungry, and saw the chance to kill her and take a few things to hawk-for money to eat.

The Police Department has a website, and when I got this same link concerning the Supreme Court business, I emailed the "contact us" section on the PD site with some pertinent facts:

Subj: Concerning the Peddling & Solicitation law.....
    Date: 10/15/2001 4:16:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am very much in favor of it, and wish it were implemented EVERYWHERE. This link was sent to me, and I have to say I wasn't surprised. I figured it would only be a matter of time this happened.

I wanted you to be aware that this may very well present a problem here as well, and wanted you to possibly begin to lay down any "groundwork" so as to be prepared with whatever legalities you'd need to fight this group.

I have been researching this cult for two years, and I'm constantly amazed at the mind-control that I've uncovered by the leaders of the Watchtower Society, and how both the history and the ongoing deceit are completely hidden from the "regular" members who are forbidden to speak with ex-members or to read ANYTHING derogatory about their religion.

Most likely you are aware that they don't salute the flag or display one, won't say the pledge of allegiance, and don't vote, won't donate to ANY fundraisers, food pantries, soup kitchens, etc, thereby giving NOTHING back to the "system", but will kick up a fuss when they feel that THEIR Civil Rights are being impinged upon in any way.

I truly wish there were some way to stop these folks from going door-to-door at all, but the very government they sneer at in this country, also grants them the freedom to spread their insidious message of destruction to the governments, and death to all those who don't "become a Jehovah's Witness"...........their publications are filled with pictures of easily recognized government buildings such as the Capitol building, for one.

Various churches are also depicted as being demolished and men, women and children are shown as fleeing in terror at the destruction. These illustrations look just like the terror we experienced on 9/11, the mindset of this "religion" is sick and twisted, to say the least.

Their "nice attire" and "sunny smiles" are only what the public sees......

Thank you.

FOXNews.com

jehovah Witnesses' Emotional Responses to Death&Destruction . . .

So....there it is. Of course, I thought of several changes I'd have liked to have made, and found another pic from the Talleyman I should have added!

I hope it was okay to include those links, Tom and Alan F (is it okay to send these without your permission?)......those pictures speak MORE than a thousand words.....

I plan to do some editing to that email, and send it to as many newspapers as I can; then quickly "follow up" with the "UN" business, having set the "mood".......

The Senior Wise Men in Brooklyn make me SO angry!!!

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Check out the yahoo chat link above.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what bearing this case handled by the ACLU will have on the caes in Ohio (This one was a similar issue but not brought by WTS).

http://www.aclu-wa.org/ISSUES/freespeech/Medina-5.8.01.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit