Lets Build THE WORLDS LARGEST CROSS!

by GetBusyLiving 16 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

Rooster, the cross you have a picture of, is quite impressive, in its own right. Don't think you could have church in it though.

I pass this cross, a couple of times a year. It is on I-40, between Oklahoma City, and Amarillo, Texas. I think the town is Groom, Texas. It is worth stop, to look around. There are also the 12 stations of the cross, done in bronze, all around the large cross. They have a contrabution box, at the exit. (hmmmm that sounded familiar)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Oh no do you think they'll give me my 20 quid back

Alas brother Pub, your contribution was already used to pay for a round of beers at the local hostelry meals for three homeless persons. You'll be richly rewarded in the next life

HL - Is that the main indicator to see if you're on the road to Amarillo then?

Sorry, just couldn't help myself!!

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Can you imagine if that thing got caught up in a tornado? (just thinking outloud)

• horrible life
    horrible life
    HL - Is that the main indicator to see if you're on the road to Amarillo then?

No, the main indicator is the smell of the stockyards, and the second is the smell of steak. I have never been here, but my husband says we are going to eat here next month. Not the 5 pounds of meat meal.

http://www.delsjourney.com/home_page_collage/09-big_texan.htm

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I remember - I'm sure I've seen that place on tv - probably one of the Michael Palin travel programmes because he visits weird places like that. Hope you enjoy your meal whatever you have

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sixofnine - I think you're on to something. If the weather is right, we can all moon the photographer at the same time - while standing in the desert in a formation of a really large cross - can't you picture it?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

That ad makes me sick. It's really annoying and it's obviously just a money-making scam. Wish the moderators would get rid of it!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit