Hebrews and Greek Scripture NWT

by Kophagangelos 15 Replies latest jw friends

• accuracy
    accuracy

The Greek Theology list deals mostly with Biblical Greek. While I do not agree that there are "50 errors" (of what? Grammar? Translation? Theology?) in the Hebrew Scriptures of the NWT, it would help if you state specifically what you are looking for.

• cecil
    cecil

Hi Kophagangelos.

Have a look at Jeremiah 29:10 in your NWT, where the word "leBabel" is rendered "at Babylon", whereas most other translations - and even some NWT in other languages... - render it "for Babylon". 4 out of 5 (hebrew-)scholars I have been in contact with this year agree, that "for Babylon" is the correct translation. And COJ's GTR-3 contains quite a lot of references to well-known scholars, that agree with that as well.
    To render "LeBabel" "at Babylon" instead of "for Babylon" in the NWT changes the meaning of that vers. With only one purpose: To support the WTS 607/1914-chronology!

cecil

• siegswife
    siegswife

I recently purchased 'Crisis of Conscience' from the freeminds website and they sent me two extra booklets. One is entitled The New World Translation and Hebrew Versions and the other is The Divine Name in the New World Translation. Perhaps you can email Randy and find out how to get these booklets. There is a link for the site at the bottom of the page.

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I know about Jeramiah 29:10! I need more scriptures!

Yes but I hope that you can copy the Hebrews Scriptures at this website. I know about the errror (wrong word translated; added word,....) in the Greek Scriptures because I have checked with the Interlinear Translation Greek - German and English and found it! I have ordered the Hebrews - German Interlinear and will wait of the delivering!

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I had written to Randy! I hope he will answer my email!

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

Randy had send the answer and have not a list of wrong translated Scriptures in the HEBREWS Bible of NWT! What a pity!!!!!!!! I am sad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit