Hebrews and Greek Scripture NWT

by Kophagangelos 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I would know more to check the Hebrews Scripture of NWT. And I have found also 50 errors in the Greek Scripure of NWT. I need more scripure - about 100 Hebrews and 100 Greek Scriputres. Who knows about this? For me it is important to compare with the Interlinear Translation! Thank you!

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

It is urgently! I searched and found not!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

And you have found also 50 errors ............
    And your degree is ........?

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I need the proof for the Hebrews Scripture!!!!!!! I need more proof to accuse against the NWT in the discussion with the elder! They are stupid!

• Sirona_Celtic
    Sirona_Celtic

Hi

What info do you need, exactly? I dont know of 50 errors myself! I know of SOME. What do you need to know re Hebrew?

Sirona

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

The wrong translated word in the Hebrews Scriptures in the NWT! Can you show the scriptures of the Hebrews Word!

Because I want to show the elders that it is much error in the NWT! They must know that I am conviced to do right! And not a apostate in their eyes! If it is a possiblity to save some elders!

• Victoria Cruz
    Victoria Cruz

This might be of some help. It is a JW ran group HOWEVER, this board is mainly for people of other religions (scholarly type) to counteract an argument made by witnesses regarding the Greek and at times Hebrew language. What you can do is type in either the scripture or word you think you have found error in and read the argument of the JW and an argument from a person of another faith or just a scholarly person. You can tell easily the witnesses from the non-witnesses. There are some brilliant people on there. The good thing is you can see both sides. There are tons of references there so you can buy the source and show the elder first hand if it's that important to you. Here is the link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greektheology/messages

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

Ok! Thank you! I will look it! I hope I will find enough proof!

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I need the proof of the HEBREWS Scripures! Thank you!

• bj
    bj

You can tell them what Professor Jason BeDuhn (who is quoted in The Watchtower - 1 February 1998, p. 32,) wrote me in the following letter (I'm just adding the main point):

20/08/2001

Dear Mr. Bonanno,

Thank you for your message. I get many inquiries such as yours, and I do my best to answer each one....You are right to raise questions about the use of "Jehovah" in the NWT New Testament. The Greek word in nearly all of the passages where the NWT NT has "Jehovah" is, as you say, KYRIOS, which means "lord." It would be most accurate to translate "Lord" in those passages. This is a case where I disagree with the choice made by the NWT translators. The JWs have a theory that the divine name was expunged from the writings of the New Testament when Christianity was trying to win over non-Jewish converts who had no appreciation for the Jewish name for God. They may or may not be right about
    that, but the current state of evidence does not prove their claim. There are a few dozen passages where the New Testament is quoting Old Testament passages where "Jehovah" (or "Yahweh" or however it was pronounced) is used, and one could make an argument that in those passages it would be reasonable to present the original wording, including "Jehovah." But that still leaves well
    over a hundred uses of "Jehovah" in the NWT that should be reconsidered in future editions....

best wishes,
    Jason BeDuhn

Joe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit