PRINCE PERFUME 'smell the truth'

by DannyHaszard 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mum
    Mum

38: There is a video on youtube of a DF'd brother (I believe his name is Rick Ferrin [sp?]) calling the Society to ask if Prince is a JW. He gets put on hold for a while and then told that Prince's religious conversion to JW cannot be verified. Go to youtube and search under "Jehovah's Witness."

Regards,

SandraC

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

38: There is a video on youtube of a DF'd brother (I believe his name is Rick Ferrin [sp?]) calling the Society to ask if Prince is a JW. He gets put on hold for a while and then told that Prince's religious conversion to JW cannot be verified. Go to youtube and search under "Jehovah's Witness."

Regards,

SandraC

I think that was posted before, but can't find it, so here is the link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDLDLvl4KTw (hi, mum)

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Prince's religious conversion to JW cannot be verified

They're lying.

His conversion happened about 7-8 years ago. I saw him walk into a district convention in 1999, and I talked with Larry Graham who had "studied" with Prince. The news reports of the Purple One's going door-to-door witnessing in the Twin Cities area back then were very public, as were reports of his JW wedding in Hawaii.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Prince's religious conversion to JW cannot be verified

They're lying.

His conversion happened about 7-8 years ago. I saw him walk into a district convention in 1999, and I talked with Larry Graham who had "studied" with Prince. The news reports of the Purple One's going door-to-door witnessing in the Twin Cities area back then were very public, as were reports of his JW wedding in Hawaii.

The watchtower will lie at the drop of a hat if they ain't lying the're mealy mouthing

Prince and his Conversion to JWs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Prince heads into the 'scent' business
    Chicago Daily Southtown, IL - 1 hour ago
    The Jehovah’s Witness convert “was intrigued by our name,” Couey says. He “liked that we had a fragrance called Truth. He said he’d never smelled the truth . ...

Prince heads into the 'scent' business July 8, 2007 Billed as “xquisite” and “xotic,” Prince’s upcoming release is music to the nose. The pop funkster’s new fragrance, 3121, named after his 2006 album, was to be unveiled Saturday in Minneapolis during an in-store performance at Macy’s, the scent’s exclusive carrier. Seven charities, including City of Hope, Urban Farming and Sheila E’s Elevate Hope Foundation, will receive 7 percent of sales made that day at 3121perfume.com. When Prince began shopping for a perfumer, he rejected big firms and settled on small Philadelphia-based Revelations. Prince seldom comments about such ventures, but Revelations CEO Larry Couey doesn’t mind sharing details. The Jehovah’s Witness convert “was intrigued by our name,” Couey says. He “liked that we had a fragrance called Truth. He said he’d never smelled the truth.” Prince decreed a purple and gold box, an emerald-cut violet bottle, a vertically stacked logo and no photos of him on the package. And the scent? “He knew what notes he wanted: a lot of musk, sandalwood and cedar,” Couey says. “We went back and forth, tweaking and adjusting. Once we got it, he loved it. He said, ‘Get me 12 bottles, and keep me in supply.’ ” Like Prince’s earlier Get Wild fragrance, 3121 is gender-neutral. “It’s sensual,” Couey says. “It’s unisex, but his fan base is 80 percent female, so it leans toward the feminine.” Prices are $43 to $77 for a gift set. Why jump on the celebrity fragrance bandwagon with fellow music-makers Britney Spears, Diddy, Carlos Santana, Jennifer Lopez and Beyonci? Making scents makes sense. Star brands accounted for 7 percent of the $2.8 billion consumers in the USA spent on fragrances last year, market research firm NPD Group says. It’s a coup for Couey, who also produces Stoked, represented by surfer/amputee Bethany Hamilton. “This puts us on the map,” he says. “And working with Prince is a thrill. He radiates passion.”

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

For what it's worth

I have the TV in my office tumed to FOX and friends morning cable news and they are having a lively chat about spiritually 'fickle' Prince and how 3121 comes from the trinity Godhead of three and how his perfume product is called "revelations' because God has revealed 'truth' to him

For what it's worth

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have Prince's older music CDs. I bought the CDs 1999, Purple Rain, Sign O' The Times, and Around The World in a Day. I have a couple of his early 1990s CDs, some of them with swearing on them. That was back in the day when he made good music--you know, the kind without any reference to the "truth".

However, he has really gone down the toilet since then. After about 1996, his music is more like crap than anything else. I do not have 3121, nor do I have the "Music"ology CD that he put out after becoming a Witless. Those two CDs are probably the low point in Prince's career. I think I will stick to the songs where a swear word can come out of his mouth, and the songs are dirty.

As for the perfume, I would not recommend it. I bet the people in the Tower are buying it up, thinking it's going to help Prince support the World Pedophile Protection Work. I will not buy it; nor will I recommend it. I have never smelled it, so I cannot give a testimony to the quality (or lack thereof). However, just on the principle of the profits going to help protect an organization that initiates the use of force, threats of force, and fraud, I will have to judge it Not Acceptable. Find another perfume if you must.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Sounds like WTWiz has "marked" this perfume and it's daddy . . . hmmm. . .

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Anyone seen this?

http://pr-gb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2402&Itemid=9

Prince Donates to Charity Excludes Jehovah's Witnesses PDFPrintE-mail

Written by William Bowen
    Thursday, 05 July 2007

23,720 Reasons Why You Might Be Careful of Donations to Prince’s Religion

In a recent press release (1 ) Prince released a new fragrance called “3121”. The purple one stated that one of the reasons for selecting the small company was they had previously manufactured a perfume with the name “Truth”.This is a common word used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to describe their religion.In a press article that was entitled, “3121 reasons to pick up Prince’s scent” ( 2 ) a portion of the money spent on the first 24 hour purchases ofthe new fragrance will donate to charity.Seven charities, including City of Hope , Urban Farming and Sheila E's Elevate Hope Foundation, will receive 7% of sales made that day at 3121perfume.com. You can read about the charities at this link, ( 3 )

It is estimated that around a half million dollars will be raised for these various organizations.Each charity listed has a philanthropic purpose that helps individuals in need.Is Prince obeying the mandates of his newfound “truth” in this regard?It is interesting to note that for over sixty years Jehovah’s Witnesses have discouraged charity donations suggesting that they enriched the employees of foundations with little going to actually benefit the poor.Note the following quotes from the 1951, 1973, and 2003 Watchtower and Awake respectively.

***Watchtower 1951 11/1 p. 644 Charity in Christendom ***

“In Jesus’ time it was customary for prominent Jews to be announced by the blast of a trumpet as they made public donations at the temple in Jerusalem . Without equivocation it can be seen how Jesus condemned this. Today’s givers in charity do not stop with a little trumpet. Their beneficent works must be boomed to the skies in the press, over the radio, on the newsreels and now by television…”

“Jesus advocated using one’s substance for preaching the good news of God’s kingdom. (Matt. 19:21, NW).. .Today Christians carry on the most charitable work of all history. Their preaching of ‘this good news of the Kingdom in all the inhabited earth for a witness’ brings spiritual healing to new praisers of God.—Matt. 24:14, NW .”

*** Awake 1973 11/22 p. 26 Is It Always Wise to Give to Charity? ***

A Balanced View

No question about it, as Jesus said, “You always have the poor with you.” (Matt. 26:11)… So the time-worn saying, “Let the buyer beware,” might well be rephrased, “Let the giver beware.”

And, of course, those who are Christian ministers are in position to give something far better than silver and gold. And what is that? The truth of God’s Word, which brings comfort, hope, peace of mind and which can even result in life eternal. (Matt. 10:8; compare Acts 3:1-8.)

***Watchtower 2003 6/1 p. 7 Giving That Pleases God ***

When it comes to organized charity, though, we need to be cautious as we evaluate the many appeals we receive.

Giving That Does the Most Good

“There is a kind of giving that is even more important than charity…. Jesus’ chief interest was in helping others spiritually....In fact, among his final instructions to them was the command: “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations.”—Matthew 28:19, 20.”

So according to the directives above Prince would be better suited to “preaching the good news” as opposed to donating funds to assist those in need.This policy has long been practiced by Jehovah’s Witnesses.Members believe the world is passing away so why give money to support a world that is ruled by Satan.Charitable giving is clearly directed to go to the home office to support the “preaching work” as the best way to spend estates and inheritances.Each year millions and millions of dollars are directed to “Watchtower” the corporate entity of Jehovah’s Witnesses to be used or spent however the “Governing Body” chooses. Jehovah’s Witnesses are directed each year with specific articles on how they can give their Life Insurance, Annuities, Estates, and whatever else they can squeeze of value from members to the corporation to accomplish the “preaching work”.What is the “preaching work?”Basically the annual distribution of about one billion pieces of Watchtower printed literature that keeps to a simple message, unless you agree to immediately join Jehovah’s Witnesses and also become a distributor of their literature, God is going to kill you. When a Jehovah’s Witness calls at your door and asks for a donation for “free” literature, your money is used not only to make more literature but is spent on some things you might not wish to donate toward.In May of 2007 the Associated Press revealed that sixteen victims of abuse were paid the largest settlement in the history of the organization to sign gage orders and cover up the sexual abuse they experienced as children.( 4 )

This was the result of a five year legal battle that involved millions of dollars in attorney fees to protect the rights of child molesters within the religion.Victims were ostracized and even disfellowshipped for trying to reveal the identity of their molesters while Watchtower lawyers went to court to defend the “religious right” of convicted child molesters to prevent information from being revealed that would have convicted them of further crimes against children.Is this a charity fund that any rational person would be proud to donate to? In addition to protecting child molesters in the courts, donations to Jehovah’s Witnesses also maintain a database of 23,720 alleged molesters within the religion’s home office in New York .This database was first reported in 2002 ( 5 ) and may now contain well over 25,000 child molesters that have been discovered and hidden within the administrative files of Watchtower.These abusers remain unknown to the public or even church members as an administrative policy of Watchtower to protect the “religious right” of their member/child molesters.When law enforcement seeks to find information on the in church confessions of these pedophiles Watchtower donation funded attorneys declare “ecclesial privilege” and demand that this information is confidential thus guaranteeing the continued freedom of child molesting members.These same protected molesters are required by mandates of the church to participate in the “preaching work”.Yes JW pedophiles continue to call at your door to give you some literature, offer a home bible study and suggest that you make a donation to support their work.Could this be the reason that Prince omitted Watchtower as a deserving charity to donate to for the release of his new fragrance?

So as the newspaper article suggests you might find 3121 reasons to purchase Prince’s new fragrance and see a portion of your $40-$70 go to a worthy cause. Yet as Prince struggles for balance between worthy charity donations and his new found “truth”, we hope the public can see 23,720 reasons to not make a donation to Jehovah’s Witnesses until they open their pedophile database to law enforcement and allow the criminal prosecution of their child molesters.Please make Jehovah’s Witnesses aware that while you might accept a free piece of literature you will not be donating to their “Worldwide Work” as you do not wish your money to assist the protection of pedophiles.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

You know just in fairness, the youtube video when the man called it was just one dub and he clearly said I can not verify it. He never said the society didn't know he just didn't personally know, and seemed to be pretty honest about it and didn't condone what Prince had done. He even said it's something they "didn't want". Just saying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit