A question about time...

by AlphaOmega 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

...sort of...

There was a thread a few days ago that touched on the subject of time being relative to the observer.

I wondered, does the JWD clock that records the time that we make a post actually post the same time to everyone.

I know that it can't get it's time from my PC clock as I see posts at say 8:55pm yet my PC clock says 8:53pm.

So...

What time (according to you) did I make this post ?

I make it ... 20:46

• eclipse
    eclipse

I could tell you..but then I would have to kill you hehe just kidding....

it shows a different time here, where I am...it shows the time stamp of your time zone, I believe.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Your post looks to me like it was made at 14:46. I am in the Central time zone in the U.S.A.

So you are 6 hours ahead of me. Tell me, what's it like in the future?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Eclipse, please don't kill me, I still have half a bottle of wine to drink this evening.

Gopher... In the words of a recent poster... "I could tell you but......"

The future is not as bleak as the forecast suggested. Today the armageddon count was very low. There were a few horsemen on the horizon, but they turned out to be from the local riding school.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I'm from the UK too, the time you stated is spot on with me.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time so we are in Pacific Time now. Your post shows 12:46 here.

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

15:46 here in good old Canada(Toronto)......LIG

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

southern California here - shows 12:46

I thought this would be a thread about reporting time, relativity being the relationship between actual time in service, the time you thought you spent in service, and the time you reported being in service all being mutually exclusive.

• Madame
    Madame

21:46 swedish time, one hours difference between Sweden and UK seems correct.

/Madame in Sweden

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

According to my computer... in Pennsylvania. You posted this thread at 15:46 on July 4th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit