Time and Distance - a Guy Thing?

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Guys and Gals,

This is probably a really dumb question, but are there others out there who measure time and distance when they travel - anywhere? I understand the occasional setting of the travel odometer to check your auto's mileage. However, I consciously and persistently check the travel time and distance to the market, to town, to a client's home, etc. Every time and every day.
    We have lots of back roads here in the mountains and one of my destinations has three routes: 21.2 miles/30 minutes; 22.4 miles/35 minutes; 27.5 miles/45 minutes [the scenic/gas-guzzler route but most direct].
    I realize now that Dad did it, but I don't recall ever saying as a kid, "When I grow up I wanna be a statistician - just like Dad!"

Can I get a job doing this and make some spare cash?

CoCo the Cipher

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

CC. I do the same thing that you do. I always like to know ahead of time the time and distance to a given place. Then I do the actual measure of it in real time to compare them both together. Traffic and the time you travel day or night ( accidents, unforeseen occurences, weather etc. ) will give two different measurement on the time and distant.

Blueblades

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's called OCD.

• Brigido
    Brigido

Sure...I do it all the time. Fuel, Time & Distance.

But then again, I'm a Pilot...it's a must.

Brigido

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

I agree with Elswhere...OCD ;)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Before a gentle and loving support group, CoCo stands up rather tentatively, draws himself up to his full, diminutive height, then declares boldly to his attentive group of peers, "Hi, my name is CoCo and I suffer from OCD." Wild applause and huzzahs accompany CoCo's sobs, his friends rushing up to embrace the kid who's finally come clean. Healing can now begin.

Youse guys are great! Please don't ask about the direction my clothes hanger hooks face.

CoCo

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Please don't ask about the direction my clothes hanger hooks face.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CoCo, with me it's my towels and face cloths, they all have to be a certain way .

BB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mrs. Bee,

We certainly cannot toss our towels about willy-nilly, can we?!?!?! Presentation is everything. Towels for display and towels for use [actually, I ask my guests to touch nothing and dry their hands on their shirt tail]. )))))))?????(((((((

What OCD group are you associated with? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

CoCo in Control

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

coco not a dumb question at all.

This is probably a really dumb question, but are there others out there who measure time and distance when they travel - anywhere?

I always do when I'm cycling but never when I'm driving.

• XU
    XU

When I told someone I add number combinations like on license plates because I like numerology so much, they were like, "Yeah, and how is that OCD treating you?" I think maybe it has something to do with the obsessive tracking in my mind of thought, intention, action, feeling, attitude, etc. every step of the way in my formative years. Just a thought. Everything must have a measurement and meaning. Everything must be able to be quantified so it can be compared to the standard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit