Names of Speakers

by IMHO 16 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    Why is that at conventions and assemblies a big point is made of introducing speakers by name, when the writers of the magazine articles and outlines are kept quite

Gopher hit the nail on the head. The publishers know the speakers are not the ones writing the material.

Did you notice the names of the speakers are announced.......but their names are NOT on the program?

The society is all too often brought before the courts and media for their outlandish beliefs and so they hide the names of those responsible for writing the material. They also have divided up into various corporations so as to avoid lawsuits. In many cases they have passed the blame onto local elders not associated with the writing dept to take the heat. Heartless Chickenshits!

Gumby

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Did you notice the names of the speakers are announced.......but their names are NOT on the program?

I seem to recall that they used to put the speakers names in the program at one time? Am I wrong about this?

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I seem to recall that they used to put the speakers names in the program at one time? Am I wrong about this?

This is correct. Heck, they even put the names of the ones giving student talks during the 'model theocratic ministry school' at the circuit assemblies. But they only printed the first initial (or two) and then the last name. (They didn't want to give TOO MUCH glory to those who had assigned parts.)

One time a well-known speaker had his name listed to give one of the Saturday afternoon circuit assembly talks (in central Minnesota). He was in the audience but another elder from his same congregation gave the talk. I later learned the original speaker had lost his eldership, but they had already printed those little blue programs with his name on it.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I agree most of the points stated here regarding the names of the speakers...

But how do we know in the Bible who is the author of a Book? We know it, because the author usually revealing its name...

But the WATCHTOWER it sooooo HAMBLE that they are not revealing the names those who are writting the WT articles, Awake, all this books that their bringing forward to the dubs in the conventions, and also the puplic talks.

They are indeed the ultimate example of hambleness!!!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

At last year's DC, I had two parts. The convention office actually made a special program that was different from the generic one. It had our names on it. I think it as souvenirs for the speakers. Isaac

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

But how do we know in the Bible who is the author of a Book? We know it, because the author usually revealing its name...

Good point, makes you wonder why those early men of faith would go against what the watchtower teaches.

Another point ; why do dubs only applaud after the public talk on Sunday and at conventions?

• Gregor
    Gregor

I had an uncle who was a CO for 30 years and he and my aunt schlepped all over the mid-west for several years living in other peoples spare bedrooms and eating what was put before them twice a day, 6 days a week. Of course he was a big fish if the pond was small enough. Finally he was anointed to deliver a talk on the program at a big Dodger Stadium District Conventions. I think it was the one with the "Come you Lambs and Spread Your Sweet Cheeks for The Faithful Shepherd" theme. He got a 10 second intro that mentioned his name. He got up and gave the 40 min. talk to 54,000 people (of which maybe 10,000 were actually listening), he finished, they gave him the clap and he returned to the grind and oblivion of the circuit work. It was the high water mark of his whole life. Some people set their sights very low. By the way, he was a nice guy, but being a CO turned him into an egotistical, self righteous ass hole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit