Blazing car hits airport terminal as Gordon Browns New World Order begins

by needproof 23 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We got a taxi home. I live half an hour from the airport and my wife is now phoning relatives.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What with this and the failed attacks in London there are some very bizarre and incompetent 'terrorists' around at the moment - it's like 'Carry on Al-Qaeda'.

It's pretty pathetic when they can't even crash into a building right.

• badboy
    badboy

ITS ON THE NEWS,A CHEROKEE JEEP TRIED TO CRASH INTO THE AIRPORT,IT BROKE INTO FLAMES BECAUSE ONE OF THEM SUPPOSEDLY HAD GAS/PETROL CANS IN THE JEEP, THEY WERE SPLASHING PETROL ABOUT THE JEEP.

TIREFIGHTERS ARE STILL TRYING TO PUT THE FLAMES OUT.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Pictures lifted from bbc.co.uk

Not my captions either, they go with the pictures.

alt

Witnesses said the car was driven at the building deliberately

alt The car was ablaze before crashing into the building alt Michael McRanor says he took this picture of one of the men being arrested at the scene.
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

slim,

again I am glad you are home ok.

I just assumed that people would not be able to get in or out of the airport when something like this happens.

purps

• badboy
    badboy

SBF,THAT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA FOR A FILM.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Glad you weren't at the wrong place, Slim. Does anyone know about whether people were hurt in the terminal?

Amazing that we can get firsthand details here via the internet faster than CNN.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks Leolaia.

They were driving crazy in the car before they hit the wall and could easily have hurt someone, but they did not as far as I know. I actually walked out of the entrance they hit the side of less than a minute before they crashed into it. At first I thought they might run someone over reversing so that's why I initially started to walk away before I realised it was more sinister.

The fire was actually quite small and was started, as I say, by the friction of the tyres rather than a bomb or anything. Whatever they planned seemed to go wrong for them. I don't even think there was a lot of petrol involved or the flames would have been bigger.

I heard on the news that one of the men in the car was on fire, which I can quite believe because when I started running away the car was on fire and the people were still inside. As I said before I knew they were seriously up to no good when I realised they were not making any attempt to get out of the burning car.

But other than the people themselves in the car no one was injured I don't think.

People were incredibly calm coming out from the airport itself, except me going in the wrong direction looking for my wife. A man told me to calm down and walk slowly, but he came from inside and had not seen what was going on with the land rover as I had, and I don't think he had lost sight of anyone either. He was just by himself. But he was a bit smug with himself that he was being calm and responsible and I was running like a headless chicken.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Purp, we were clear of the scene within a couple of minutes of the car first crashing. My concern was that we should walk far enough away so that no flying debris would hit us if a big explosion was set off. I managed to find a taxi that had been turned back from the airport on the road leading out. We were out on the road home within 20 minutes of it happening and we saw all the fire engines and police vans heading to the airport. So they may have stopped people moving at some point. But we had left the area pretty much while the police and everyone were still trying to work out what sort of incident it was. When we got home it was still not on the news yet.

Slim

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SlmBoyFat..Some people are`nt smart enough to be afraid in a disaster..I was on a construction site,another worker and I were inside the building..The cement forms started to collapse..He was like a deer caught in the headlights..I had to drag him out or leave him to die..The dumb ass is still alive..I don`t know if I did him a favour or not..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit