Blazing car hits airport terminal as Gordon Browns New World Order begins

by needproof 23 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm

Reports that a car has been driven into an airport terminal 'at speed'.

• needproof
    needproof

damn lost the rest of that, piss poor editing

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm

Here's the link made clickable needproof :-)

A car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport, police have confirmed.

Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

Strathclyde Police said two people had been arrested and detained in connection with the incident.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended following the incident at 1515 BST.

A Whitehall spokesman said the incident was not being treated as a national security threat.

Doesn't sound as though there's anything sinister - but you can't help but wonder after the two car bombs found in London...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was about 20 feet from this incident when it started.

The car was not on fire when it hit the building. At first everyone thought it was an accident. At least I did for the first few seconds. Then the driver kept on driving against the glass wall and the wheels were turning wildly. What actually caused the flames initially was the friction of the turning front wheels against the ground.

It took a while for people to realise it was not an accident. But when the car caught fire and the people inside (I saw only 2 people inside, I think news reports about 4 people are mistaken) did not try to escape, I knew something was badly wrong. Others started running away before I realised they may be terrorists though.

I ran into the buidling in the next entrance along for the car on flames to find my wife, but inside was empty so I knew she must be safe and then I ran away and found her along the road a bit later.

I heard a very small explosion from some distance, but if there was a bomb at all I am pretty sure it did not go off. The bang was probably from the engine not from a bomb.

Slim

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

slim

glad you and your wife are ok.

sorry you were there to witness it though

purps

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My wife and I had run away by this point, but my mum saw two asians being dragged along the floor and kicked by policemen.

I don't think there is much doubt this was an attempted terrorist attack that failed for some reason.

Slim

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Slim,

Yeah, I'm glad you're okay. I was in Glasgow just yesterday and back there on Monday, I'll be on a train though so not at the airport.

I'm off to watch the news!

• ninja
    ninja

sorry guys...I'm just back from joyriding at the airport......what's been happening?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am watching the news and they are saying being treated as a "terrorist incident"

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

slim

how did you get to a computer so quick to let us know you were there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit