Late-growing girls?

by Mysterious 13 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Yeah, when I graduated high school I was 5'10" and I grew another two inches after that.

Josie

My youngest was growing so fast that I took her in to see a pediatric endocrinologist to make sure she didn't have some kind of growth disorder. She was 5' 10.5" at the age of 15. Now, she's 17 and I'm sure she's taller. I guess I'll stand her next to her dad to find out who's the tallest. He's 6'1". Don't get me to talking about her feet and shoes!

Wow, with this news, I don't know how tall she'll be! Well, she did weigh 10 lb's 6 oz's at birth!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Maybe it's not just girls.

I was a "perfect" regular 7 shoe size (42?)

I didn't even have to bother trying shoes on. If they were a 7 they fit perfectly.

5 years ago I "grew" into a "perfect" 8.

So unless every shoe company changed it's sizes simultaneously . . .

I was 36 at the time.

• Illyrian
    Illyrian
    I've apparently grown half an inch in my 20's. I think this is bizarre. Anyone else heard of it for girls? I know a lot of guys that grew into their 20's but not women..

Are you sure your heel size hasn't changed since last measuring? :)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

It may be that you folks haven't grown at all. Apparently your height reduces by up to 2" in a day due to forces of gravity on the skeleton - everything then stretches back out as you lie down to sleep.

So it's best to measure your height at a set time - possibly better first thing in the mornings.

Pub - how many times were you told to stop swinging off the top rung of your ladders by your toes to reach inaccessible windows?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit