Jws act like they don't remember their past teachings

by Blindbutnowisee 28 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

They weren't giving proper answers I suppose if you wanted you could have pressed them more but you chose to be polite.

Since they were in the org during the 1970's armageddon hysteria they should have known that it was clearly initiated by the org. The President of the WTS surely knew about this hysteria so why didn't he do anything to clarify that it was not official policy and thus extinguish it?

It was because that hysteria was a marketing ploy to increase the sale of books and magazines by enthused JWs so Brooklyn wouldn't stop it, they planned it that way. One more clever manipulation of the masses similar to 1925.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

holy crapt greendawn, i never thought about that. thank you so much. you just gave me a huge bit of ammo. that rocks. a huge to you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses are interesting in that they see no rational connection between "truth", "accurate", and "right". The original term was "present truth" and Witnesses are very much into that concept. It's like the dichotomy that they don't see any connection between being nice and love.

Accuracy isn't important, it's the effort that's the main thing. Sort of like digging for buried treasure. Keep your hopes up, dig a hole, miss, dig again, and again, repeat.

Instead of calling the Witness religion "The Truth" they should call it the "Right", because they are more concerned with being "right" than they are with being true. It doesn't matter if the teaching isn't true, if the reason for being wrong is "right".

None of it matters until somebody dies or somebody important takes it seriously and shuns me. The problem with having any connections with believing Witnesses is that it's not possible for me to have a healthy relationship with them because their minds are like mine fields, one wrong step and kaboom! Nor is it possible for me to have a rational conversation about myriads of topics from religion to education to medical treatment, with them.

Witnesses have memorized flips. They have lots of topics in their history like 1975, that are flops, and for every flop, they have a flip. They'll use the 3 "d"s . . . deny, discredit, and disregard. The reason they have to do this is because they are ignorant, their cherished doctrines are full of paradoxes and contradictions, and they are trying to defend the undefendable. They are defeated before they start.

When they realize they are in trouble, they are trained to say they will do some research and get back to me. Often they will say they have another appointment and they have to go. Those are their two ways to concede a loss and save their egos.

• flipper
    flipper

They don't remember because the"light gets brighter and brighter until it burns out their mind of any previous information put in there" , then new light comes and burns more of their brain cells until they become clones and spiritual mannequins, never questioning anything, because they have nothing left upstairs. Was there once, been there done that, Peace, Mr. Flipper.

• zack
    zack

I think they use that pen light from Men in Black.

Just gather 'round and look at the light, that's right, brothers and sisters, look at the light: the NEW LIGHT.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Not all JWs explain away things in that way. Some argue that anything that gets disproven or any major change was not from the "good guys" but from apostates within the upper ranks who were trying to undermine Jehovah's teachings and lead people astray. After all, it was prophesied they would be serving along with Jehovah's people, somewhere in the Bible, I can't remember. Some vague reference to some situation with the early Christians, and how the greater fulfillment of that scripture is going on in our day. They think there is no way to argue around that one.

I have tried. I have asked, "how are we supposed to know which articles are written by the bad ones and which are from Jehovah?", which of course didn't go over very well.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

keep chipping away at them. maybe something will sink in eventually. But in my experience, something has to happen that makes them dissatisfied with their life in general for them to be motivated to think out of the box.

• blondie
    blondie

jws believe what others tell them without checking the older publications...why would a jw lie to them, eh?

The WTS lies by omission...take the 7,000 year creation day...when was the last time you heard that, 1989. What if you were born after that and barely studied current WT pubs? Would you be aware of it.

Oh what a tangled web we weave When first we practice to deceive. - Sir Walter Scott (Marmion, 1808)

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    I was in the org. from 1956 to 1983 - and they definitely expected armageddon in 1975 no matter how much they lie about it now.

I was baptized in 1968. You are absolutely right. They are bold faced liars and anyone that doesn't admit the 1975 disaster is lying to themselves and others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit