Are you the one with the answer?

by ring 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ring,

The originator of the site was actually an active JW when he first set up the site early in 2000. During that year, he and his family decided to leave the organization.

This site however was already rolling along, and lots of people already were pointing to it...so why change?

Anyhow, anybody with half a mind can read a few threads and quickly determine this is anything but a one-sided pro-JW site!!

I would defend the name of this site by saying, "this is a site ABOUT Jehovah's Witnesses and the effect they have on real individuals". It's FOR anyone who wishes to have an honest free-flowing discussion. These are generalizations, the board generally works well but has its warts, due to the freedom of expression that is the rule rather than the exception.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• willy_think
    willy_think
    No, but if I was looking for a site about advancing in my post office career, i surely wouldn't want to talk to X disgruntaled employee's either

i would.
    how did the union help or hurt them? how were thay treated? why are thay disgruntal? what choices did thay make that put them in this position? how would i find information into the other side of government work, if ALL the info is one sided and biased?

if you looked into advancing your government career what would the WT say to you.

it's a funny analogy "advancing in my post office career," to advancing in your WT privelages, or advancing in your WT position.

i must ask my self: do i seek position or knowledge? can the truth stand in the light? am i afraid to look?

Andee, i must have missed that part in the bible where Jesus told his followers to use deception to lure the masses in.I remember the part

you must have missed the part of the FS meeting were decption can be a righteous weapon in the fight with christiandum.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

THIS sight is made up of many jw`s ,ex, active,inactive,ect....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Naeblis,you mean they did`nt fry that chicken in kentucky,and then ship it out across the planet pipeing hot?

• Englishman
    Englishman

This site is all about Jehovahs witnesses and their beliefs.

Hmm, online meeting area for bros and sis?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• ring
    ring

Gopher,
    If thats how this site came about, that makes some sense.

i still feel there is a little bit of deception involved.
    I guess I'm the kind of person that if I peel the made in
    U.S.A. sticker off of a product,I dont want to see engraved
    underneath "made in China"

My post was just a question to sastisify my curiousity,i hope no one takes it personally
    personally.

• JT
    JT

Ring

you ask a very good question_

since you have been out for sometime allow us to bring you up to speed

in NOv of 1998 the wt produced a KM that to my knowledge is the Longest one ever It Forbid any JW from having ANY SITES RELATED TO JW the only ACCEPTABLE site is WT.ORG

so from that date forward any jw who is in any forum on JW issues are in voliation of WT current rules

the km was clear that since you don't know who runs the site or who post
    then STAY OUT

Of course in the real jw world where folks can sneek up on the net in the privacy of thier home they come here and other sites

so knowing the mindset of a jw many former jw have setup sites realizing that REAL JW would not be here anyway let alone post

so just as the WT never tells a householder WHAT THE REAL DEAL IS IN BEING A JW - MEETING, SERVICE, READING TONS OF BORING LIT, ETC

SO why not use the same technique in reverse to get the JW out

it worked getting us in to our mental damage, then why not let it work to our mental health

jamse

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I guess I'm the kind of person that if I peel the made in
    U.S.A. sticker off of a product,I dont want to see engraved
    underneath "made in China"

You're still saying it's deception. The board is for JWs and others; the loyal Dubs keep away due to it being "bad association" - that doesn't mean they aren't welcome or can't post here. In fact, the whole board IS for them; they just choose not to exercise that privilege. JazzyVee and any other cyberspace elders are more than welcome!

• ring
    ring

JT Thankyou,
    I never thought about that, your right,anything that has happened
    after 1991 with the WBTS, especially something in a kingdom ministry,
    I am unaware of. Alot has changed in that amount of time.

Stephanus, yes i still think it's deception! But after Gopher's
    and JT's post, I understand how the site came to be.

• LDH
    LDH

Because this board is finger-lickin' good, dammit!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit