Are you the one with the answer?

by ring 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ring
    ring

First off, i am not a JW anymore,was one for over 20 years.haven't set foot in the kingdom hall for 9 years. My question is"Why not be truthful about what this site is?"This site is set up to look at first appearence as a legitimit witness site.Why the "front"?if users here are proud of their X-JW status,or are proud of the fact they have left the WBTS organization,why isn't this site named X-jehovah witness.com ? I guess what I'm saying is, I dont hide the fact that I'm an X-JW, why should you?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Probably because the url is established and to change it now would be meaningless? I mean, Kentucky Fried Chicken serves neither Fried chicken (or chicken in my opinion) yet they can have that name without a hassle :)

• Andee
    Andee

I really don't know exactly why there's no "ex" in the title.

However, I am willing to speculate.

So, here goes:

Many witnesses find this place by looking for "official" JW sites. They start to read, and lo and behold, they begin to learn the truth about the Org. Lured here by us nasty apostates under false pretenses. he he he.

If the site had "ex" in the title, a loyal JW would automatically deem this site a potential challenge to their spiritual strength and would run for the hills. ahhhhhhhh!

Andee

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Any active Jehovah's witness is welcomed here.

Dialogue is open to any subject, but this is not a place where one can come and find encouragement to spew stale, disproven rhetoric. There are other forums where one can go and get plenty of positive warm fuzzy feedback for spewing that day's current "light" on subjects as promulgated in the Watchtower and Awake magazines.

If any active JW can support an argument, defend their position, back it up with logic, facts, and reproducible results, they will find at least some people with whom to relate.

That would actually be interesting! But, the prohibitions against going on-line that currently exist for JW's make it such that most people who are lurking already have questions. This is a good forum for such people.

After getting to the point where they have to choose between reasoning and "loyalty" to an organization that is leaking faster than they can bail, well, that usually reveals what they are truly seeking......

just a few thoughts.

lauralisa

HI ANDEE!!!!!!!!

It's only water from a stranger's tear (Peter Gabriel)

• ring
    ring

Naeblis, yes,but wouldn't you feel screwed if you went to KFC for chicken,and all they served was hamburgers?

Andee, i must have missed that part in the bible where Jesus told his followers to use deception to lure the masses in.I remember the part
    Eve and the snake,and the Samson story.I must have been asleep during
    that bible study. LOL

lauralisa, i thought I would be able to argue your post, but you make a good point.........

• willy_think
    willy_think

ring,
    i've read many posts thet began: i an an active JW.
    but the site is open to all a place of free ecpression. you feel that for a site to be a JW site it must be closed to everyone else, restrict the information available and surpress alternate views. why is that do you think?

• ring
    ring

willy_think,
    "you feel that for a JW site that it has to be closed to everyone else"
    No, but if I was looking for a site about advancing in my post office career, i surely wouldn't want to talk to X disgruntaled employee's either.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Nice conspiracy theory, Ring, but it ain't so. This forum since inception has been for "Jehovah's Witnesses and other interested ones". Is it our fault that the loyal Dubs shun the "other interested ones" so that the latter group makes up the lion's share of this board's population?

• Prisca2
    Prisca2

Though you have to admit that where it says

Please remember not to stumble your brothers!

is a bit silly!

It has totally no meaning on this site.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Yes, that last bit gives a less than accurate depiction of what this board is about. A bit like McDonald's referring to their "11 herbs and spices" (to use an earlier analogy), I'll give you that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit