Ever Got the blame?? (sorry if post is too long)

by sparrow 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• helncon
    helncon

How can you get blamed for what to consenting and capable adults do.

Its not your fault that it happened maybe your brother in law put the blame on you to take the heat of himself.

Helen

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That sucks. Actually I've noticed that women blame everybody but the cheater if they're the co-dependent type. Your sister can't admit that she made a mistake marrying a drinking cheat, so it clearly must be all your fault. He'd be a great guy to be married to if it wasn't for you. Some people deserve each other.

• sparrow
    sparrow

one thing I didn't mention (I actually can't believe I forgot) is is the reason it came out was my brother in-law tried to cut his wrists 2 days later and ended up in hospital. I was there for them unconditionally. I even spoke to him after everyone knew and told him regardless I am still his brother. He buggered up (I have to) but he is human. I can't belive he didn't stick up for me when it hit the fan...

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That sucks too. Sounds like they might have decided to gang up on you so that he (in his depressive state) doesn't take on too much. He sounds pretty unstable to be honest, but it doesn't excuse him. When stuff like this happens, it reminds me that I am far better off not having my family in my life.

• penny2
    penny2

What your BIL did was very stupid but as you say, he is human. Unfortunately JWs aren't allowed to make mistakes. And if they do, the guilt they feel can be overwhelming. He didn't stick up for you because he feels better when the blame is shared (unfair as that may be).

• sparrow
    sparrow

Hey penny - that's so funny you said BIL!! My wife calls my other sister (faded 10 yrs ago way before me) SIL and I call her husband BIL!! We are really close. They got married in Vegas last year - top wedding.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Good grief! This could be a script for a TV show! Sounds like these folks need to grow up a little. Hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit