By Chr*st! I think they are pushing Baptism!

by cultswatter 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MichaelM
    MichaelM

Do the Baptists push Baptism? LOL i know that sounds funny, but seriously. I'd like to know more about how some churches work. I was thinking of going to this one Baptist church with a friend.

• emptywords
    emptywords

doesn't say baptized, some come along to all the meetings and out witnessing and are not baptized but they are approved, so dedicated without the dip.

The magazines are designed only for sunday study material, which will not be offered to the public. The other w/t will have articles without the study format, and the JW terminology will not be in that w/t offered to the public, (pioneer CO, GB, DO, PO and other stuff only jw understand.

• LiveLife
    LiveLife

MichaelM,

Yes, Baptist churches push baptism. The difference is, baptism in a church doesn't often contractually bind you to that specific organization in such a way that if you leave you become anathema to the rest of the churchgoers.

emptywords,

Acts 2:41; 8:34-40; 10:44-48; 16:11-15, 25-34 offer five examples of Christian baptism that did not follow the model imposed (by Jehovah's Witnesses) as a requirement of God.

The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses only allows for the possibility of being dedicated and unbaptized after praying a specific prayer of dedication (a completely unscriptural notion) and before being baptized at the following Convention or Assembly. Above are five examples of Christian baptism where this step is never stipulated and is never mentioned as taking place. Therefore, calling this a requirement for baptism is unscriptural.

During this period, the candidate must tell the elders that he or she wishes to be baptized. In the Bible, any Christian could baptize anyone elseā€”just as any Christian could teach anyone else. (Matthew 28:19, 20) Therefore, calling this a requirement for baptism is unscriptural.

Then, the elders will determine whether the person has been a regular (i.e. monthly) publisher for long enough (arbitrary judgment) to merit baptism. In the Scriptures, there is no record of any such thing as an approved unbaptized Christian evangelist, but that is what an unbaptized publisher supposedly is. Above, there are five examples of people who did not evangelize at all prior to baptism, but who were deemed ready for baptism. Therefore, calling this a requirement for baptism is unscriptural.

The elders will determine whether the person has been regular in meeting attendance. In the five examples above, those who were baptized did not even attend one organizationally arranged meeting prior to baptism. Therefore, calling this a requirement for baptism is unscriptural.

If the person meets all the above criteria the elders will arrange to meet with them to determine if they know enough about organizational dogma to get baptized. In the five examples above, those who were baptized did not have to prove either their Bible knowledge or their knowledge of organizational doctrine prior to baptism. Therefore, calling this a requirement for baptism is unscriptural.

These are provable facts of their doctrine on baptism. The whole custom of baptism, as it is conducted by Jehovah's Witnesses, imposes requirements that the Bible never even hints at, much less stipulates. The ONLY requirement they have for baptism which is Scriptural is that of repentance and conversion of heart.

But I believe, what matters most right now is to be a shining light to the world as we

LIVE LIFE

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

These are provable facts of their doctrine on baptism. The whole custom of baptism, as it is conducted by Jehovah's Witnesses, imposes requirements that the Bible never even hints at, much less stipulates. The ONLY requirement they have for baptism which is Scriptural is that of repentance and conversion of heart.

Over the past few years, the WTS has set down a list of requrements for their followers, referring to these as "Jehovah's requirements". If we look more closely, it is plain to see that these are NOT from "Jehovah", but a stringent list of rules and regulations according the what the Watchtower requires.

We find nothing of this nature "being required" by the Christians in the New Testament, in fact, we see that quite the opposite is true. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that the extremely lengthy Watchtower Indoctrination Program (aka "bible-study") has nothing to do with what a Christian needs to do in order to be accepted by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is strictly man-made opinions and ideas that are being foisted upon sincere ones that do not know what Jesus requires, as LiveLife has pointed out.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I guess they want the householders and bible studies to have their "ears tickled".

• sinis
    sinis

To me its a money scheme. Now instead of being stuck with a non placeable witchtower, which you can use at the Sunday meeting, you'll have to buy extras for yourself and your family which cannot be placed later on as an old copy. I wonder how they are going to handle the CD's in 2008? Will they merge the public/private articles? Plus I would think they would be able to get more of a strangle hold on how many you order. The literature brothers will no doubt be questioning how many private copies you need. "Oh, you said you wanted 5 craptowers, but we can only approve 3 since your family only has 3 believers".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit