Witness "Terminology"

by Rubens 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rubens
    Rubens

Vernon, I think you've hit the nail on the head for why the terms annoy me. It's that emotional connection that the term "brother" and "sister" or "truth" have that makes me uncomfortable.

Mr. DJK, :-), I too have talked to an elder (damn it, errrrrrrrrrrr senior member in the Kingdom Hall) and I referred to him by his first name loud and clear. Like you, I felt so good in doing so!

Rubens

• helncon
    helncon

When i talk to my mum about the JW it takes so much of my conscience mind not to say 'the truth' i replace it with the religion.

Even if i saw JW down the street i think oh thers 'brother...... or sister.....' so hard to deprogram things like that. But also when i was younger it was also common to call older brothers and sisters aunty and uncle.

Helen

• greendawn
    greendawn

As one moves away from the cult it soon becomes obvious that everything there is the opposite of what it i sclaimed to be , the truth is a well disguised deception, the faithful and discreet servant is unscrupulous and foolish, the organisation of jehovah is supported and protected by satan, even the blessings of jehovah are those of satan. And the brotherhood understands nothing about brotherly love.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I haven't used any jw terminology for years, apart from posting on
    boards like this one, and then I tend to use it in a sarcastic way. It's
    certainly not part of my everyday speech anymore.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Dear brothers and sisters

How refreshing it is to have this bounty of non spiritual food selflessly prepared for our non spiritual nourishment. As the end of the WTBTS approaches us at a rate which some feel is deceptively slow should we slow our endevours? Surely not! Take heart that all over the world ex witnesses everywhere are leaving in their droves. Follow the apt advice from Rev 18:4 "Get out of her my people!"

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Let us not forsake the posting her together to insight one another to love and fine works.

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    Let us not forsake the posting her together to insight one another to love and fine works.

LOL.

The last decade that I stayed trapped, I couldn't bring myself to talk-the-talk. I found it embarrassing and was sick of it. How many years are you supposed to keep using the same stupid words and phrases over and over again. Especially the ones that were supposed to be substitutes for how normal people describe things.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think it's like any bad habit. It becomes easier to use the terminology that you were taught instead of having to search for other words to use.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I call almost everyone brother or sister.

Ironically, I didn't use the term near as much when I was a Witness, excepting of course it's use as a title.

Bro. Rubens, Sis Mysterious, etc.

We are all brothers and sisters.

But I get what you're sayin' brother. LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit