What Disappoints You Most About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze

Their unwillingness to see credibility in any line of reasoning that might be in conflict with what the FDS feeds them. They're so convinced that they have the truth, yet they're not willing to put it to any kind of test. If it contradicts what's in their publications, it's a lie, no matter how much evidence you show them.

• DJK
    DJK

The way they know how damaging it is to their children, sending them into public schools, and teaching them how evil worldly people are. They know it's mentally and emotionally damaging, but they think Jehovah will fix that.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

They judge everyone. They want everyone to think and act like them. They look over their shoulders to see who's watching to make a good impression. They have cliques. Elders always hang around with other Elders,Pioneers with Pioneers, and anyone from Bethel walks on a red carpet. If you are spiritually weak,they treat you like you have a disease that they don't want any part of.

I have many more but will let others have their say.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Everything!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nothing. About them, nothing at all.

I suffered disappointment as a JW.

Now I'm no longer disappointed.

I know what happened and why.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I'm not so sure that my response is the most, but, not having freeness of speech, being able to question without fear disappoints me. I could help so many if only we were allowed to speak our mind to others in the congregation. Fear of being shunned, fear of being disfellowedshipped, not being able to express your true feelings to the rank and file .

When I say FEAR, I mean that I don't want to be announced as someone who did something so bad that I was no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. And the friends would wonder what did Brother so and so do?

So, it's very difficult to tell them what you have found out about the Society and that is very dissapointing.

Blueblades, who quiety did the fade without explaining why, yet.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I always thought there was a certain phoniness to them. Not all of them but a lot of them. The more zealous they are, the more phony. My oldest brother's wife on the surface seems like the world's nicest, warmest person. She's always smiling, she's always the first one to hug and try to encourage new ones. But she is the most judgmental person you will ever meet. She has no empathy for anyone who struggles spiritually. She has no tolerance for anyone who isn't as zealous as she is. I remember how critical she would be of me or my other brother when we would do or say anything she deemed to be worldly. I'm using her as an example of what I thought was prevalent among JWs. A lot of them were just so totally fake.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    A lot of them were just so totally fake.

There was a spirit of fakiness where I attended too. It was kind of hard not to get caught up in that.

It's mostly about putting on the best appearance, not about actual love or righteousness.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Shunning my wife at our front door and at the shopping centre .She left because they refuse to believe it's possible a fellow witness can actually molest children and then shun her to her face and then say to others that her perpetrator would'nt do such a thing ,which in esscence means they think she's a liar. Their view is that the perp is still a witness so he must be innocent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit