The Wrath of God visits the small village of Nyos

by daystar 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daystar
    daystar

And it came to pass that the Teacher entered the small village of Nyos. The people of Nyos were idolators and worshippers of false gods and had no love for the true God. And so the Teacher spoke with the village elders and its holy men to teach them of the one true God, but they would not hear.

And the people of Nyos continued in their evil ways as adulterers, liars, thieves and murderers.

And God found the people of Nyos to have no goodness and they were disgusting in His eyes. And so He poisoned the very air so that all their cattle died and the very birds dropped from the skies and the waters of nearby Lake Nyos turned red as blood with the Lord's anger, and for every one man, woman, or child that lived, 7 did not...

Stop for a moment and imagine that this is a scripture in the Bible. Compare it with the stories of the Great Flood, Jericho, Sodom and Gomorrah... all those stories about how God has and one day will again bring his wrath upon the "unfaithful" (meaning, people who won't simply obey his priests' decrees).

Now, read this... - The Strangest Disaster of the 20th Century

*edit: Oops, noticed the name of the village was actually Nyos.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for sharing that daystar.

Fascinating.

• daystar
    daystar

I thought so too.

OT, what are you studying lately? I haven't been on JWD in a bit, so just noticed your avatar change. (Not that that is necessarily meaningful in the least.)

I've been reading Phil Hine, A. O. Spare and Peter Carroll lately. And, of course, practicing my creepiest I-A-O mantra when I can.

• eclipse
    eclipse

That was very very interesting!

Thank you for sharing that article.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Daystar!!!!! It's good to "see" you here!!

I've bookmarked that article for future reading.

Thanks, and don't be such a stranger!!

BB

• Brigid
    Brigid

I still say it was evil spirits from the "bad lake"

• MegaDude
  • Mysterious
    Mysterious

Fascinating. I've never heard of something like that occurring before and it certainly lends itself well to the supernatural especially in the days before advanced scientitifc instrumentation.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

OT, what are you studying lately? I haven't been on JWD in a bit, so just noticed your avatar change. (Not that that is necessarily meaningful in the least.)

Expect a pm from me brother.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Thank you for sharing that vid, megadude, It showed what the cO2 pockets looked liked, fascinating!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit