Russell's Gravesite Pictures - (just got back from Pittsburgh)

by thecarpenter 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

Must be the demunz (LOL) thecarpenter because all of your pictures are showing now. I DID NOT change a thing w/my browser. Very interesting and odd!! Thanks for sharing these.

Interesting thread. And to think that I wasted 21 years of my life in a religion who claimed that Charles T. Russell was chosen by Jehovah to carry on "the pure Christian faith" .......... How the holy h*** did I fall for this? It's amazing how clear "the truth" is when the veil has been lifted.

Juni

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Juni, you are funny!

If you read further in that 1919 program, it states that they just celebrated the Birth of Christ and how great the new year was. (excellent resource! THANKS!)

Thanks for the pics Carpenter, good job.

How can anyone with a level head learn of these things, and think THIS is how God wanted to start his organization? PU-leaze!

WELL DONE ALL.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I was PM'd for the Google Earth's co-ordinates for the gravesite, here you go;

Latitude: 40°30'35.58"N

Longitude: 80° 0'56.37"W

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hadn't realized until I saw these high quality photos (thanks, Carpenter) that the pyramid is not a solid carving but rather four panels fitted together with a capstone. I imagine the interior is either empty or cement.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Puprs, the numbers, -1, -2, -3, etc are supposedly in reference to the measurements within the pyramid the "prove" Russell's prophecy.

THANKS, steve

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Thanks for the pics, thecarpenter, these are some of the best I've seen!

cabasilas asks: I wonder if there are any other Bible Students buried there? Does anyone know?

In addition to the names already mentioned,

Arabella Mann & Mary J. Whitehouse on Russell’s Pyramid?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/130866/1.ashx

~Sue

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I also heard that per Russell's instructions there where to be no people of color buried above him in the cemetery

Kind of like with me, my instruction are No JW's buried above me.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hello betterdaze

In answer to your question, yes, Arabella Mann & Mary J. Whitehouse are on Russell’s Pyramid. Here is a picture, it is a little faint but you can make it out.

adsc_0411.jpg

jgnat, yes the pyramid is made of panel built on top of a cement base and held together by mortar. You can see the panel seams clearly in this picture

adsc_0396.jpg

Here is the pyramid in relation to the Masonic temple

adsc_0428.jpg

Here is the temple up closer

adsc_0429.jpg

adsc_0008.jpg

And this is what I saw in the lobby of the temple on the side of the building, notice the crown and cross...

assc_0017.jpg

I'll post more pictures later

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Did you get to talk to anyone at the Masonic Temple? Or if there is a cemetery office, with anyone there?

• ninja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit