C. T. Russell Must Be Rolling In His Grave

by KD 18 Replies latest jw friends

• KD
    KD

Years ago I remember reading an old book about the life of Charles T. Russell. As a young man, Russell was indignant with the major churches and at night used to write scornful letters and placed them on the buildings for the public to see. He used harsh phrases such as "off spring of vipers" and "harlots". He would ridicule the preachures for lying to their flocks and dealing with politicians.

About 25 years have passed by since I read that dusty old book. As I sit here now, I remember how I used to explain to people at the door that Jehovahs Witnesses are separate from the world, just like the first century christians. (Boy was I wrong)

The more I hear about waivering on doctrines, mind control, lying, shunning and now getting in bed with the U.N., the more I feel that the Organization is no different than the churches that Russell used to despise. Yup, Mr. C.T. Russell must be real proud of his his church now!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Actualy,there is a web site where they have a remote camera trained on Russel`s corpse.I`ve been there once but could never find it again.There`s even a Sony logo advetising the camera.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Who could care? CT Russell was disfellowshipped by the Watch Tower several years ago. May be he'll get reinstated in the future, but even the possibility if that is bleak.

By undoing all the things Russell taught, and referring to them as old light (so old now that they've lost their shine), the Watch Tower somewhat dumped Russell. But not only him; Rutherford too... and all the 1919 teachings, plus that Jesus came and saw them feeding the flock with good food is gone with the wind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Outlaw

Maybe the wt pulled the camera when russel's corpse made an obscene jesture.

S

• KD
    KD

GOZZ....

I never knew that Russell and Rutherford were disfellowshiped posthumously. Sort of like the Mormons baptizing the dead, but only in reverse. This "new light" stuff if new to me. I resently obtained the new Daniel book. I went from page to page trying to find the formula that results in the year 1914. I could not find it printed and this "new light" business is explaining a lot.

Thanks for the information

• RR
    RR

Boy, you guys have a lot to learn. Actually, the only time Russell wlet messages on the streets was when he was a child and use to warm people about hellfire.

Russell, himself shouldn't be blamed for the current theology of the Watchtower/Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Witnesses, not only changed every major theological view of his. They changed the name of his Journal, from The Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence to The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom. They changed the name of his organization in New York from The People's Pulpit Association to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York.

They went from Russell's stressing Life in Christ to stressing field service. Russell was totally against organize religion, and would not have approved of the current structure of the Watchtower. In that way, were he alive today, he not only would be disfellowshipped by the very organization he founded, he would not even recognize it.

• larc
    larc

RR,

I is good to have you back. We need your input as a Russell historian. How's your book coming? When it is published, can I get an autographed copy?

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

HI Rollo,
    Russell needs to be blamed for the heretical notions he has helped inspire in the various offshoots of the Watchtower Society. Here is a rank amateur who later allowed himself to be called a "prophet, the Laodicean" who was actually proven a false prophet.
    He spouted theology without understanding even the rudimentary skills of greek and hebrew/chaldee. He was a master at single scripture exgesis and twisting context to make scripture match his view. He and his secretary greatly exaggerated his 'world tours' and speaking and or debates with 'clergy'. I guess what I am saying is that he was a at worst a rank charlatan and at best a misguided soul with delusions of grandeur......
    Maybe most of the board participants don't know you are an active Russellite who still promotes his teachings? Perhaps this is an opportunity to 'come clean' instead of skulking about?
    Rex

• RR
    RR

Ah Rex, "old friend", [and I say that sarcastically] I've been on this board long before you knew it existed, I come and go as I please and post in spurts. As to my religious affiliations, those who KNOW me, know that I am a Bible Student, I make no bones about it, my profile states so. I have nothing to fear. And since you and I have been around the block too numerous to count, this is all I'm going to say to you, since your holier-than-thou attitude prevents me from having a decent conversation with you. So as the JW's would say on the chatrooms, you're on "iggy"

• larc
    larc

Brother Rex,

I have known Brother RR before you came to Brother Simon's congregation, and believe me, Brother Larc has great respect for Brother RR. I disagree with his beliefs, which he has stated here publicly, but he has never been disagreeable with me. Perhaps, Brother Rex, you should be less pugnatious.

Who Loves You?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit