Killing time during meeting...

by brunnhilde 30 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    sunglasses for napping and binoculors for checking out potential ladies from other congregations

Must-haves for sure Mariusuk.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I got really good at looking like I was paying total attention, but afterwards wouldn't be able to remember one word that was said! After the assemblies people would be talking about certain points and I'd be wondering "did they say that????" lol

BB

• free2think
    free2think
    I got really good at looking like I was paying total attention, but afterwards wouldn't be able to remember one word that was said! After the assemblies people would be talking about certain points and I'd be wondering "did they say that????"

Me too BB, even when i was trying really hard to concentrate i couldn't remember a damn thing.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sounds like a great defense mechanism against the cult propaganda Bumble Bee!

I wish I coulda blocked a little more out.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Favorite passtimes at DC were:

drawing, doodling, passing notes to friends, sleeping (brought a pillow and blanket just for that) checking out everyone with binoculars, staring at the collesium rafters looking for birds flying around, ...walking around the upper concession level with a borrowed kid....pretending to take them for a drink or washroom break...anything to pass the time until.......

LUNCH TIME, YAY! which was the best part about the convention...I remember feeling so evil if we didn't get back to our seats on time....

• Rubens
    Rubens

You've got a point there! Someone posted a video of one of the 2007 District Conventions. I couldn't help but listen to the skit and think that it is the same as when I went 10 years ago.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I tried to unstick bible pages once...my mom said I had to wait until I got home to do it because it was distracting. I used to like picking nailpolish too..but if she caught me she'd get mad because I would get the chips all over the floor. I used to make fingerprints on the chrome too..which again got me in trouble. I would outline or shade all the letters in the watchtower titles or draw line patterns between the letters. I would write letters down the side of the page and then key words from the talk across the page that matched each letter and see which letter "won". Some like x were impossible to fill with words. I used to pick out people with different colored shirts (green, red, black, white) to match the horsemen of the apocalpyse. When I had multi color ink pens I used to point them clandestinely and "click kill" people I didn't like in the congregation. I also sculpted things out of bits of paper from my notebook and developed the ability to read/sing while daydreaming about something unrelated, a rather interesting skill which very few people I know have.

• Twitch
    Twitch

This takes me back.

I doodled a lot, mostly geometric patterns and shapes, sometimes I designed spacecraft (Star Wars nerdy kid type). I would memorize every detail of the room. I would pretend the "end" was happening right there and then and what would ensue; where we would go (safehouses and secret rallying points would be necessary), who would handle transportation, who would get "supplies" & meds, who would arrange shelter, who would do "security" and protect the flock from the wolves, who would freak out and lose it, who would handle communications with "head office", etc. Oh and I fantasized 'bout the girls in the cong in various "scenarios", hehehe.

Ahhh, the good 'ol days,.......lmao

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I dreamed of catching a HR ball over the wall at Dodger Stadium.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Most of the MS and young men in good standing would FIGHT over parking lot duty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit