Killing time during meeting...

by brunnhilde 30 Replies latest jw friends

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I used to balance my checkbook sometimes. Another favorite was unsticking the pages of a new Bible or folding back the dogears of an old one. Good times, man do I miss going to meetings... NOT!

• Rubens
    Rubens

A friend of mine's father used to be able to sleep with his eyes open, so peacefully. We proved it at a DC by waving our hands in front of his face, nothing... no movement at all. We all envied him!

Rubens

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Making cartoon captions on pictures in the Watchtower was my favorite. Me and a friend used to black out certain words in scriptural passages to make them mean something else. We got through the entire book of Esther and a little bit of Lamentations. We would also go through the song book and debate which songs would make the best Rap songs. The Shulamite Remnant was the winner incidentally.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Rubens, are you sure he wasn't just catatonic from what he was listening to? It's been known to put more than a few people into a zombie-like trance.

• karvel
    karvel

i usually hide a novel inside of my theocratic ministry school book or watchtower. i recently finished The Sex Lives of Cannibals by Maarten Troost. this thursday i'm gonna start Holy Cow by Sarah McDonald. yea, i'm into travelogues

• QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE
    QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE

Ah, yes... I used those two boring hours to manicure my nails.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

fill in the o's in the publications..or draw better hair and other accessories on the drawings.

• monophonic
    monophonic

before i went to europe and was learning italian and semi fluent in bad-grammar french, i'd translate the talks in my head in one of the languages.

then, by the time i went to italy, i actually understood 75% of the talks at the hall.

that's when i thought about joining a different language congregation b/c i was so sick of hearing the shame shite over and over again, i thought it would at least be nice to learn another language and make the meetings like free language classes.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Hey,

Welcome to you new posters: glad you are on the board!!

I ALWAYS paid attention, took notes....I think you guys are naughty and very, very bad association:

Hope we get to know one another better!

V

• choosing life
    choosing life

It was a good time to go through my personal calander and organize my week. Also liked to draw pictures of the speakers in cartoon fashion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit