5 ingredients or less....fave recipes

by snarf 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Pickup the phone and call Papa John's.

Warlock

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Chicken Pot Pie 1 can of homestyle veg-all (has peas, carrots, potatoes, celery) 1 Can cream of chicken 1/2 can of chicken broth (or dissolve a chicken bullion cube in about 3/4 c water) 1 can or vacuum sealed pkg cubed chicken (or for better flavor use some of a rotiserie chicken) 1 refridgerated pillsbury pie crust (in a box in the section with the canned biscuits Optional: black pepper to taste Put the pie crust in a pie plate. Put in the rest of the ingredients and cover with the other pie crust. cover the edges of the pie crust with foil so it doesn't burn. Cook on 350 until the top is golden brown. I can't remember how long that takes. Chicken crescents: 1 can crescent rolls 1 pkg cream cheese, solved 1 stick margarine or butter, solftened 1 small can mushrooms 1/2 small diced onion 2 cans chicken Mix cream cheese, margarine, mushrooms, onion, and chicken in a bowl. Stuff a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of the crescent rolls and close the crescent rolls around the mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and cook at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. How about spaghetti? Its easy and although I always make it from scratch, you can make it with a jar. 8 ingredients but tastes great and quick. And to go with it just heat up a can of asparagus or some other veggie Pecan crusted tilapia Tilapia fillets dethawed (frozen packs in seafood freezer section) 1 cup buttermilk 1 TBS lousianna hot sauce (you can use any hot sauce but use less if its a hotter hot sauce) 1 cup plain bredcrumbs 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup chopped pecans 3/4 cup flour 1/2 cup oil Heat skillet over medium heat with oil in pan. Get out 3 bowls. In one put the flour. In the other put buttermilk and hot sauce. In the last mix salt, pecans, and breadcrumbs. Dredge fillets in flour, then buttermilk mixture, then breadcrumb mixture. Fry in skillet with oil until the fish flakes with a fork.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Here's a salad that goes together in five minutes:

• Pearl tomatoes
    • Greek olives (pitted)
    • Mozzarella (use the little tiny "pearls" packed in water if you can find them)

Halve or quarter the tomatoes and cut everything else up into similar-sized pieces. You may not need to cut up the mozzarella at all, if you find those tiny "pearls."

Arrange fetchingly alongside the rest of the meal and serve. Great in lunchboxes in a little container.

07-04-11 brekker">

gently feral

• greendawn
    greendawn

A mix of diced potatoes, onions, courgettes (zucchini), aubergines, tomatoes and olive oil. About 2 Kg of the veg and 100 gr of the oil. Roast in the oven for one hour at 190 celsius and it's ready, in the summer it's nice to have veg since they contain a lot of water and are light on the stomach.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

here's a side dish for your Mexican entrees: Saute some angel hair pasta (broken in small pieces, about one inch) in a little oil until some of the pieces start to brown. Pour over a cup or so of your favorite salsa and add enough water to barely cover the pasta. Cook for about five minutes, push the pasta under the water now and then. When it's tender and the liquid all absorbed, turn off the heat and serve. It's a fast version of fideo. It's not traditional to top it with grated cheese, but it tastes really good with the cheese.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Kansas City Strip steak - salt and pepper and grill

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

small red potatoes

ranch dressing (dry)and(wet)

cheddar cheese ---grated

chopped black olives

Boil potatoes, when done let them cool a bit, cut into quarters, sprinkle dry ranch dressing over potatoes, add olives and cheese..........mix together with ranch dressing.

taste great warm or cold, I like it warm.........I put leftovers in micro

purps

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Slice tomatoes - drizzle good quality extra virgin olive oil over them ,sprinkle salt and pepper to personal taste - and enjoy with almost anything

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I do this when I want a hot meal fast:

1. Broil a salmon fillet in the toaster oven with some teriaki sauce..
    2. Nuke a potato in the microwave.
    3. Steam some frozen mixed veggies.
    4. Season to taste.

I'm eating in under 20 minutes.

W

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

homemade flour tortillas

• 2 1/2 cups flour
    • 1/4 cup oil
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 to 1 cup of water

put the flour, oil and salt in the food processor and process briefly to combine. Then, while running the processor, slowly add water until a ball of dough forms. It should be soft but not too sticky. Scrape the dough out on a floured surface and knead briefly until smooth and not sticky. Cut into 12 pieces. Keep the pieces of dough covered with plastic wrap while you roll out each one. As you roll out a piece of dough, flip it into a dry hot frying pan, cook until it has brown blisters on the bottom and then flip over and cook the other side. Put the finished tortillas in a towel until you are finished with all of them. You can get a rhythm going, rolling tortillas and cooking them in two pans at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit