Paradise NOT

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Well, now, I KNEW there was a good reason why I didn't want to live forever in paradise on earth:

From the Sept 1906 WT

For instance, those who will constitute the Church, and who will be changed from earthly to heavenly nature in the First Resurrection--"changed in a moment" --will be Spirit beings like unto our Lord, and like unto the angels also in respect that they will be sexless. As for the world, which will not be changed from earthly to heavenly nature, and will not experience a resurrection change in a moment, but a gradual change or uplift, progressing step by step during the thousand years of the "times of restitution," it will also be true that when they shall have attained that world and shall have attained the resurrection from the dead they will neither marry nor be given in marriage, but be sexless. That is to say, the restored human family will, during the period of restitution, lose their sexual distinctions, and at the end of the thousand years be all of them in perfection, like Adam was before Eve was taken from his side.

Just goes to show the true "Victorian" nature of their early thinking. Sex was not just a sin, but so much a sin that perfect humans wouldn't have it. I'm wondering if they were thinking that people would lose PHYSICAL sexual distinctions? It sure sounds that way.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I guess this is where their contorted view comes from that people won't marry or have children when they are resurrected.

Didn't God say that it was not good for Adam to continue by himself? The longer I am away from this religion, the more I see that they have a real hang-up about sex. Apparently they always have had.

I don't think they practice what they preach, however.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Don't worry, Rutherford was sure to change this teaching in 1938 in his "Fill the Earth" articles. He promised the Jonadabs that there would be lots of sex and childbearing in the coming Paradise.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    I guess this is where their contorted view comes from that people won't marry or have children when they are resurrected.

The original quote was in an article dealing with the Pharisee's question to Jesus about the woman who had seven husbands; in the resurrection, to whom would she belong? CTR's answer was that they just didn't understand, because they thought the resurrected ones WOULD marry, when what Jesus said "obviously" shows that they wouldn't--they'd be SEXLESS.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    lose their sexual distinctions, and at the end of the thousand years be all of them in perfection, like Adam was before Eve was taken from his side.

Adam didn`t have a schlong before he lost that rib?

• watson
    watson

Adam didn`t have a schlong before he lost that rib?

Yes, he did. But it was used for "evacuation" only. Nerve endings added later...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    That is to say, the restored human family will, during the period of restitution, lose their sexual distinctions, and at the end of the thousand years be all of them in perfection, like Adam was before Eve was taken from his side.

"lose their sexual distinctions" i.e. look like a naked ken doll. So did Adam have a penis before his rib was taken to make Eve?

Josie

• greendawn
    greendawn

In fact paradise on earth is a concept that doesn't exist in the Bible the destination of Christians is heavenly and nowhere is there mention of an earthly class this being a myth created by the WTS to entice members into their org and then exploit them.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Mark 12:25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage;

No marriage = no sex = no children = no reason to be created with genitals.

I believe there must be three genders in the coming paradise masculine,feminine and neuter(asexual).

The neuter resurrected person will have no female plumbing or vagina or breasts or balls or penis or erection capabilities.

Ken and Barbie dolls with just a urethra like a valve stem on a tire.

They will be physically neutral not weaker or stronger as male and female are.

They will only be capable of growing mustaches.

What a hope to look forward to for dead loved ones, actually less of a life than you can have right now.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Heh. So, are hermaphrodites dubly holy, and suitable to be annointed, or twice as worldly and evil? Just think, if the GB were all hermaphroditic, you could tell them to go f... *ahem* Well, this ain't the adult section.

Sorry, I'm in a punny mood this morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit