Alzheimer's cure may be available in a few years... one shot in the arm.

by Elsewhere 20 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

My aunty has got alzheimers real bad. Shes doubly incontinent, but in the 'hitting' stage where she bashes anyone that trys to clean her up. Really horrible disease that doesnt even kill you. You can live for years shitting yourself and turning the gas on in the middle of the night.

Im absulutely terrified of getting it. I hope the vaccine works, it would save hundreds of thousands of families untold suffering.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thats good but there is still preprogrammed cell death. Thats what the anantomy pysiology books call it. After speaking of evolution in one breath they speak of a programer in the next.

Our cells will only replicate so many times which brings us to under a hundred years.

Once they find the switch in the cells. We will have to have big wars to controll the population.,

• Mary
    Mary

Oh man, I'll be the first in line if it ever comes to Canada. Dementia runs in my family and my grandma died from it a few years ago, as did my great grandmother. My mom's scared that she's going to get it and I know I'll probably get it too, so anything that can prevent this horrible disease is welcome news. I remember going to see my grandma just a few days before she died. She didn't even know who I was.

However, while the jab may stop the disease in its tracks, it is not expected to repair dead tissue, and so will not be a cure. Nevertheless, preventing the disease's progression would have an enormous impact on sufferers' lives.

I'm wondering if laser therapy would help repair the damage to damaged tissue........certainly something to think about.

Thanks so much for posting this Elsewhere.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Vascular dementia runs in my family and I will probably get it if I live that long.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

If this works on Abeta peptides, I wonder if it could have any effect on prion peptides?

• darth frosty
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What? Who are you people, and what are you doing on my television?

• karvel
    karvel

thanks nvrgnbk and juni . it's truly an awful way to end one's life.

• juni
    juni

Yes it is karvel. All of one's human dignity is lost. How sad too for the families.

Peace, Juni

• Swan
    Swan

Gee, chalk up another devastating disease cured by humans (while the JWs were waiting around for Jehovah to do it, but only after killing 99% of the world's population).

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit