MTS School

by Black Man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

upping this...................

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Greetings Black Man, and if you ever want to write something up about this for the net, drop me al ine, it was interesting, as I didn't even know this class existed in name!

Randy Watters

http://www.freeminds.org

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Time was, they would be pretty much left alone to wait for an assignment. Those were the days when the congregations were growing and every "brother(??)" wanted to be a hounder. You hardly had any congregations where they were disintegrating. If you did, there would be 50 people ahead of you.

Now, it seems that everywhere there are congregations that are falling apart. Meeting attendance having dropped from the 100 area into the teens and lower 20s. Hounders are leaving the ranks and, in many cases, becoming apostate. That is why they are being assigned so quickly after getting finished with the program.

Note that the refusal was not treated lightly. The brother had good reason to refuse (no jobs, no help in finding jobs--no sustenance), but that was not factored in when they decided to drop him out of the program. He had to drive more than 600 miles a week for boasting sessions and field circus, and that translates to huge amounts of gas wasted. But, refusal is a serious spiritual matter. This made him as good as the inactives and disfellowshipped ones in the congregation.

And it is going to get a lot worse. I can see the day when a graduate will get more than one assignment in the same day. And it could well be separated the whole country apart. The organization is falling apart, and it seems that there are more congregations with crappy meeting attendance than ones with healthy attendance. Hounders are dropping out or turning apostate, and no one wants to step up. This isn't the 1980s and early 1990s when everyone wanted those positions.

I have seen what happens when no one volunteers. I remember that in elementary school when one person gets sent to dispose of all the used lunch trays for the table. If no one volunteers, the teachers have to assign someone. And that happened more often than not. The same principle happens in the organization. More and more, no one is volunteering. So the congregations are starting to have to assign someone to take the position. Which could lead to some super drastic measures on their part--including finding single men in the congregations, even inactive/doing things to get disfellowshipped for, and forcing them to go to boasting sessions. Of course, they are going to spin the lie about saving them from everlasting destruction. Endless sessions of torture (sleep deprivation and loss of freedom) follow for about 6 months, and then the person is assigned. Then the MTS gets popped on them, and soon they are on their way to a congregation.

Or, two. Or, three. Or...

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I don't know about this. The brothers that I knew who went seem to have gotten all they wanted from the program: praise and adoration. The one brother pretty much half asses everything (including his well-paying secular job) but gets away with it because he knows how to work the system. He's pretty high-profilie and has all the perks that go along with it. The other brother is dirt poor and sacrifices everything, but his congregation gives him everything he needs and then some. Why does this brother give up so much? Because he's banking on being given a cushy assignment at a Luxury Resort Branch Facility.

• besty
    besty

good friend of mine went through one of the early MTS's here in the UK. Was assigned as a missionary to another country - at the time he was officially the youngest missionary in the world (JW missionary that is...)

later went on to give convention talks, PO in several congregations etc etc

had his doubts and then heard the CO blatantly lie to all the elders in the Circuit about there being no child abuse issues in their circuit (he personally had handled 3 cases)

that was the last straw and he is now properly faded - zero meetings for years.

MTS SHMEM TEE ES

• Black Man
    Black Man

Let's not even get started on the MTS/no marriage rule. For at least two years you are expected to not marry (and not date, because that with a view to marriage) because you are viewed as society property. So you've got these horny MTS brothers who are being chased by these sisters (who think they're pursuing a catch), but can not do anything with each other. Brothers that have decided to date before the two-year edict was up were thrown out of the program like fish thrown back in the water...........

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit