I feel kind of sorry for this kid!

by dedpoet 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I just saw this on yahoo news. This poor kid's family have some
    odd ideas, in my opinion. See what you think

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070623/tuk-a-knockout-name-for-baby-autumn-6323e80.html

A knockout name for baby Autumn

A six-week-old baby is facing a fight to learn her full name - after being given 25 middle names honouring the world's greatest ever boxers

The far-from-punchy name given to Autumn Brown, which features a staggering 185 letters, left register office staff reeling.

Autumn's mother, Maria, decided on the knockout title to keep up a family tradition started by her boxing-mad parents, who gave their three children a total of 103 names.

The baby's full name is Autumn Sullivan Corbett Fitzsimmons Jeffries Hart Burns Johnson Willard Dempsey Tunney Schmeling Sharkey Carnera Baer Braddock Louis Charles Walcott Marciano Patterson Johansson Liston Clay Frazier Foreman Brown.

Maria, from Perton, Wolverhampton, told the city's Express and Star: "The whole thing came about because both my mum and dad are obsessed with boxing and have a bit of a daft sense of humour.

"When I was young I couldn't ever remember my name. It took me until the age of 10 to memorise it all."

The 33-year-old mother added: "I'm hoping Autumn has a good sense of humour with her name. It's never done me any harm though."

• emptywords
    emptywords

I like Autumn..

• anewme
    anewme

That's nice, play a life long joke on your precious daughter. Real funny.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I noticed there was no Tyson, Holyfeild, Lewis, Jones, Hagler, Spinks, Norton, Holmes, De la Hoya, actually, there are a lot of great heavy weights and middle weight champion names missing from his name. I guess they didn't want to make his name too long.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    I noticed there was no Tyson, Holyfeild, Lewis, Jones, Hagler, Spinks, Norton, Holmes, De la Hoya,

Maybe her mother is saving those names for her next child.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

She could have alphabetized them, at least, to make it easier to learn. I don't think the kid will care; it sounds as though the family has a sense of humor.

• Gill
    Gill

Some people should not be allowed to be parents.

If they fail the 'common sense test' then off for some compulsory sterilisation! Do the kids a favour!

This is a typical example of parents thinking they 'own' their child instead of being the caretaker of their child!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The poor girl will have to remember that lot for every single official form she has to fill out

If I were her I'd change my name by deed poll as soon as I was old enough - maybe change my surname to something else too - just for fun of course I'm sure the parents wouldn't mind

Gill, do you ever listen to James Whale on TalkSport radio? He advocates that all boys should be sterilised at birth and then only get a reversal when they're older if they and their partner can show that they could be responsible parents!

• Mum
    Mum

I feel bad for the child, too. I have known several people with repeating names, such as:

Judy Judy (in high school)

Linda Lind (former co-worker)

Rikki Ricker (current co-worker)

William Williams (former neighbor)

Owen Owenby (childhood friend)

These are names that are not forgotten.

Regards,

SandraC

• changeling
    changeling

That's just wrong! To burden your child with something like that is irresponsible. Watch that kid grow up to hate boxing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit