What did you like/hate about JW calendars?

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I like this years (2007) calendar.

LIKE: The scenes are all nature scenes. I have one hanging in my living room (I noticed that all the photos are all worldy web source... age Fotostock, although of the 400+ photos I could not find the polar bear and cub one specifically, cause I'd like to get it ...without the scripture superimposed)

HATE: the scriptures superimposed...two months instead of 1, small boxes to write on. No holidays even mentioned (how about at least an asterisk * to at least acknowledge that we are bothering people on a holiday.,..KM ministry makes a huge deal of ministry on holiday, how are we to know if it is not on the BorgCalendar?)

..side note, I wonder why I kept every single calendar going back 20 years? They can be reused ever few years when the dates all align, but why? I finally threw them all in to the recycle bin along with all the daily texts.... hmmm..what else can I toss?

SnakesInTheTower (of the "never in ministry on holidays, or any time now" Sheep Class)

• Warlock
    Warlock

The calenders used to be much bigger. I don't like the new calenders. They are too little.

Warlock

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    Something would just never allow me to put them up on a wall. They were too corny, too religious or something for my taste. I felt bad about these private feelings I had. I stopped taking a JW calendar after a while, prefering store bought calendars with floral or garden scenes and national holidays posted so I could know when the banks were closed.

I felt the same way.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    For me, every (other) Saturday was Magazine Day. The only marked date on the calendar was the Memorial.

Every other...just kidding right... In Canada every Saturday is "magazine day" how anal they are and then they have memorial.

My wife "buys" one of these things every year and then has to highlight all those BAD holidays...Christmas,Easter.etc...

I liked the old calenders from the 50's and early 60's that showed people getting killed at Armageddon....

That was a whole lot more fun to look at for a whole year.....

• Honesty
    Honesty

They make great fly swatters when you roll them up and bind them with a rubber band.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit