What Lakes Do You Play At?

by smellsgood 19 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

This weekend I'm headed to Priest Lake in Idaho...my family has a cabin up there and I've gone there my whole life. I'm obsessed with picking huckleberries, which are my most favorite berries. Huckleberry pie is wicked tasty. Plus there's inevitably a Moose that you either nearly run over, or nearly runs over you. Although I do love Coeur d'Alene lake as well...I've always heard that Tom Cruise has a cabin there (??) So, which are your favorite Lakes?

http://www.priestlake.org/

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i used to go to a lake, sit in the shade under an old tree and watch the sailboats. it was so peaceful and was a time of great reflection and thought.

then jet ski's were invented...

havent been back to the lake in 6 years.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Tahoe

Damn now I'm homesick

Josie

• DJK
    DJK

I've been to Coeur d'Alene lake. It's a beautiful lake. I trolled a boat fishing for the lakes popular salmon, caught 50. Later that day a couple of us took the seaplane ride around the lake. I didn't see Priest Lake so I can't compare.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Too many people, but Tahoe is one of our summertime favorites.

And, if all my dub family is right, I'll be taking a dip in the good ol' Lake of Fire if I keep hanging out on JWD.

Open Mind

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Tahoe makes me homesick as well. What a lake!!! ummm, but cold...

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

candidlynuts, although I love wave runners your post reminded me of the newest annoyance to hit the waves, stereo systems w/ subwoofers on boats. Last year, this guy was BLASTING Aaron Nevil, and our cabin is right across from an Island that produces an echo, so it was like 3 Aarons enveloping us with his nasal ballads. Torture.

Josie, dang, Lake Tahoe is gorgeous, I would imagine it to be cold though. I think I saw it featured on the last Bachelor,,,and they were skiing. Not water skiing.

Who has never tasted huckleberries?

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

The city I live in is right by the lake. Chautuaqua Lake in Western New York.

Leslie

www.chautauqualake.org

• ninja
    ninja

rikki....but she keeps calling the police.........stalker hater

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Tomahawk Lake in NW NJ.

http://www.tomahawklake.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest