Please put your JW heads back on for a moment... (Memorial Meal)

by AlphaOmega 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    By who's conclusion? We know it can't be the literal Israelite Nation because they rejected Jesus and killed him. A lot of the Jews became christians and followed Jesus and his Apostles. But the Nation as a whole rejected him. Jesus basically sumed it up in regards to who are these chosen ones when he told the story in Mathew 22:1-14. That story clears up everything.

Really ???

144,000 come FROM the tribes of Israel hence they are not the totality of Israel.

Who is to say that they are not 144000 Jews who find Christ IN THE FUTURE ?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Jesus sent out the twelve apostles with these instructions: Stay away from the Gentiles and don't go to any Samaritan town. Go only to the people of Israel, because they are like a flock of lost sheep.

[Matthew 10:5-6 CEV]

The idea being that they were to gather the lost sheep of Israel.

Later they were commanded to go the the people of all nations.
  • unbaptized
    unbaptized

Yeah, they were commanded to gather the lost sheep of Israel, but the entire nation rejected Jesus as the messiah. Remember when Jesus spoke to the samaritan woman and explained to her that Jehovah is looking for those who will worship him with spirit and truth. He stated that neither in Jerusalem nor on that mountain will true followers practice true worship. So Jehovah is looking for spiritual Jews to offer sacrifices of praise, not just physical Jews. They all have to conform to the christian way of life. Also those of the anointed fold are virgin's, not literal virgin's, but spiritual virgin's. The anointed is comprised of men and woman. It does not matter what they are now because when they are transformed into their new spirit bodies their will be no such thing as male and female. They will all be spirit beings just like their a master Jesus Christ.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Simple, they were observing the passover, the "memorial" was in memory of Jesus death, he wasnt dead then, was he?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Yeah, they were commanded to gather the lost sheep of Israel, but the entire nation rejected Jesus as the messiah. Remember when Jesus spoke to the samaritan woman and explained to her that Jehovah is looking for those who will worship him with spirit and truth. He stated that neither in Jerusalem nor on that mountain will true followers practice true worship. So Jehovah is looking for spiritual Jews to offer sacrifices of praise, not just physical Jews. They all have to conform to the christian way of life. Also those of the anointed fold are virgin's, not literal virgin's, but spiritual virgin's. The anointed is comprised of men and woman. It does not matter what they are now because when they are transformed into their new spirit bodies their will be no such thing as male and female. They will all be spirit beings just like their a master Jesus Christ.

Surely the entire nation DIDN'T reject Jesus - The disciples didn't reject him, sure, they wobbled at his crucifixion, but that was sorted after the resurection.

If they are "Spiritual Jews", then surely the number must also not be literal. It is illogical to keep the number but spiritualise those contained within it. If they are "Spiritual Jews", why are they called from the 12 tribes as quoted in my post above? What would be the point of itemising all the tribes? "Spiritual virgins" - what does that mean? Never been in contact with the spirit ? Never lied (as would be implied by no guile in the mouths). If that was true and the 144,000 were never supposed to have uttered an untruth, then how can they be JWs who have uttered many things that weren't true, or "didn't come to pass" ? AO

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

The Jews that followed Jesus and obeyed his commandments are apart of the foundation of the Holy City Heavenly Jerusalem. They help make up the walls and the width of the city. Each one is a precious stone. Precious to the God and his son Jesus Christ. If it wasn't for the Jews, they world would not have known God. The religious and political leaders of Ancient Israel all plotted to have Jesus killed. They who spoke for the people wanted to free a murderer from death and not the Lord Jesus. They chose destruction instead of honor. They killed their own brothers because they acknowledged that Jesus is the Messiah. They kicked people out of the synagoge because they believed in Jesus. Even after all of the signs that Jesus had performed the religious leaders and government leaders rejected Jesus. So if the people did not condemn what their Leaders were doing then they are guilty of that sin as well. That's why the scriptures say get out of her before you share in her destruction. She is the killer of the prophets!!! I personally myself hold the Jews in high regard, if it wasn't for them I would not have known Jehovah or Jesus. But still the New Jerusalem is made up of Jews and Gentiles 144,000 of them.

As far as the tribes are concerned those historical records were lost when Israel was conquered by the Romans. But the tribes referred to in the bible are Jews and Gentiles who display the characteristics of those tribes. That's what I believe. But I respect your opinion and thoughts.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    I personally myself hold the Jews in high regard, if it wasn't for them I would not have known Jehovah or Jesus. But still the New Jerusalem is made up of Jews and Gentiles 144,000 of them.

As far as the tribes are concerned those historical records were lost when Israel was conquered by the Romans. But the tribes referred to in the bible are Jews and Gentiles who display the characteristics of those tribes. That's what I believe. But I respect your opinion and thoughts.

I totally agree with the bits in yellow. And it is so refreshing to hear someone mentioning KNOWING Jesus and Jehovah.

I presume that you are a JW - are you ?

Something interesting and non-denominational is the work of Tudor Parfit and the lost tribes of Israel. He has used genetics to apparently trace one of the lost tribes. They are called the Lemba.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba

http://haruth.com/JewsLemba.html

Maybe, just maybe the tribes will be recalled one day ?

That's what I believe. But I respect your opinion and thoughts.

That's great and also refreshing. The same applies here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit