Please put your JW heads back on for a moment... (Memorial Meal)

by AlphaOmega 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Something has been bugging me for ages about the non-participation of R&F JWs in the Memorial Meal (sounds like a McDonalds deal) !

I've just worked out what it is...

Only the "anointed" can partake of the emblems.

BUT at the original meal, as instituted by Jesus, NO ONE was anointed. The anointing came at Pentecost, AFTER he had died !

Any explanations ?

I could search the WT CD, but to be honest, I've been pouring over it so much lately that all the articles look the same - I am suffering from "WT blindness" at the moment !

Forget all the arguments about whether Judas "partook", the rest of the disciples ate and drank - so... why do the JWs restrict it?

Any ideas ?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

because the JW religion has changed the whole meaning of anointed. Everyone partook back then and still continued to partake 1900 years later until a cult leader by the name of Rutherford decided that only a few should be partaking. That's as plain as I can put it.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

... yep and they are still covering his tracks today with their dodgy theology !

We know the truth, but I was wondering whether showing that the disciples weren't "anointed" at the time of the Last Supper would have any effect to JWs ???

I thought that I would "pilot" the idea here with MANY MANY MANY ex-JWs

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

to answer your question they would probably say that was a different kind of annointing.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Doesn't it make you want to scream !!!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

yes it does

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

clever thought - that never occurred to me

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I am hearing (in my JW head): "Well, Jesus could read the heart and he knew what their heart condition was and that Jehovah would most assuredly appoint them. He said it was up to the Father where they would sit (When they were arguing over who was the greatest and the mother of "the sons of thunder" asked that her sons' be on his left and his right in his kingdom), but was probably given divine assurance and insight. Afterall, he sent Judas away first, knowing he wouldn't receive entrance into the kingdom, but these were his closest followers. Being King of God's Kingdom, and giving the illustrations of the sheep and goats and others that they wouldn't understand until the light got brighter, he no doubt was trying to explain to them the two different hopes and classes of his followers. But as God shed light on the scriptures, we know understand, thanks to Jehovah, that there would be a cutoff point of those being called to the heavenly hope." I am now going to post this, without reading it, hoping I was of help, but feeling as if I could puke now. God I hate that hat. Kitten Whiskers (takes off hat and goes in search of the Pepto Bismal)

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

BTW--- I totally loved that point and had an "ah-ha" moment when I read it. Thanks for that thought!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Because he had invited only his faithful closest ones, the ones he had chosen, to be with him. His purpose was to make a covenant with them for a kingdom, because they had been the ones who stuck with them through his trials. I think the meal was before the covenant part, where he told them the wine and bread stood for his body and blood. I think the passover meal was just before this and had no real significance. Am I wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit