Atheists for Jehovah

by slimboyfat 41 Replies latest jw friends

• bernadette
    bernadette

slim

If atheists need to demonstrate that principle to Christians, how much more so are Jehovah's Witnesses in need of having it demonstrated that you don't need to believe all the obscure beliefs the Soceity teaches in order to live a good life.

good point slim

I quite like aspects of Moses's Jehovah and Kind David's Jehovah.

• ninja
    ninja

I'm a lip syncher for deuteronomy......theres not a whole lot of websites catering for us.......the swines

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    atheists . . . . . . who still feel an affinity to the values of the Jehovah figure of the Bible

what Scully said.

Richard Dawkins famously coined the phrase 'Atheists for Jesus' and wears the printed t-shirt. He's wrong to support christ in that way and any atheist would also be wrong to defend the monster/god/abuser of the bible.

Jesus Sucks!

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

@Nvr:

Yes, that is my real age.

Yes, I can occasionally be very frustrating to my JW family (that's about the only reason they're glad I'm often at the university :)

Yes, I should post some more poetry.

You win :)

Regards,

Deus Mauzzim

(of the Ophite-aka-Snake-Worshippers class)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

This borders on nvrgnbk's thread about "God as metaphor" (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136475/1.ashx).

I just guess that a higher degree of ironical distance would be required for membership in "AfJehovah" than in "AfJesus"...

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

@Bernadette

I also like the Jehovah of Moses and David! Just look!

Moses (Deut. 3:26 vv.)

25 Let me pass over, please, and see the good land that is across the Jordan, this good mountainous region and Leb´a·non.’ 26 And Jehovah continued to be furious against me on YOUR account and did not listen to me; but Jehovah said to me, ‘That is enough of you! Never speak to me further on this matter. 27 Go up to the top of Pis´gah and raise your eyes to the west and north and south and east and see with your eyes, for you will not pass over this Jordan.

David (2 Sam. 12:13 vv.)

13 David now said to Nathan: “I have sinned against Jehovah.” At this Nathan said to David: “Jehovah, in turn, does let your sin pass by. You will not die. 14 Notwithstanding this, because you have unquestionably treated Jehovah with disrespect by this thing, also the son himself, just born to you, will positively die.”

Why, this Jehovah could be your best friend every day...as long as you've got children (Job is also one of my favorites!) :)

Forgive me the irony ^^

Regards,

Deus Mauzzim

• eclipse
    eclipse

I second that DeusMauzzim,

Jehober was a psycho,multiple-personality, jealous, murderous, angry, hateful god....

(of the Ophite snake admirer class)

-eclipse

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

It seems this thread is being hijacked by the Gnostic Atheists Against Jehovah :)

Poll, anyone?

Deus Mauzzim

• bernadette
    bernadette

Deus

You left out the word aspects.

I quite like aspects of Moses's Jehovah and Kind David's Jehovah

I think the universe is big enough to allow a small corner for atheists for Jehovah - as I don't think there will be many takers - lol

Slim, we could do some T-shirts and send a few to the governing body - red on a black background with yellow lightening running through it.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I can't stand that Jehovah character! I'm very much against abusive, manipulative relationships.

I think the universe is big enough to allow a small corner for atheists for Jehovah - as I don't think there will be many takers - lol

LOL!

Check out humanists, slim. That's what we are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit