J-dar?

by Mysterious 13 Replies latest jw friends

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

oh do i ever... i found a family of them living in my apartment building as well... yuck

the infamous one

• gymbob
    gymbob

A few years ago I spotted a couple one morning at a corner store getting coffee before they headed for service. So while they were in front of me in line waiting I asked them if they were headed "out in service"? You should have seen the looks they gave me since it was obvious from the hair on my chin that I wasn't a JW.

When they said "Yes, we are! We're pioneering this month, do you know what that is?" I said, "Do I know what pioneering is? I have Vacation pioneered, Temp. pioneered, Aug. pioneered, Reg. and Special pioneered". And I said it with a big smile, then walked out.

Back in the 70's I worked in Kentucky as a tour guide at Mammoth Onyx Cave. One time I was pretty sure this couple on the tour were JW's, so when I got a chance to talk to them after the tour I asked them where they were from, and they said Ohio. Then I asked them if they knew a man named Nathan Knoor? They started whispering then said, "We know a Nathan Knoor, but he lives in New York". Dub-dar!

I was a dub back then, so I asked them if they would come back to my home for dinner, they did, and we became friends.

I can spot dubs a mile away.

• Poztate
    Poztate

They should be easy to spot this summer. They will be the only ones dressed in full suit and tie (wool) when it is 35 degrees celsius and pretending they enjoy it.

• Purza
    Purza

Yes, I have J-dar. My husband is always amazed when I tell him "hey, those people over there are dubs" and then I find out some way to confirm it. Yes, sometimes I go up and ask them. Other times I just listen to their conversation.

Have to say though, the suits and the bookbags tend to give them away.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit