Could Brooklyn install security systems that would keep us from the know?

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I mean would it be likely that near future all correspondence and letters could come thru a secure connection, presented verbally to elders by the CO or DO, or in secure digital format that would be able to trace all users and readers -so that it can be kept out of our hands?

I am not a technical person in that regard - but it would seem possible that this could be done. True - fading elders would get access - but if there is a digital trail in the system - if it finds it 's way to JWD or other places - they could soon hunt down the culprits. Or is this possible?

Thoughts? They must be nervous that we have BOE letters and other info before many of the local elders have them.

Jeff

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm not a technical person either and though I can see some attempt being made to clamp down on 'leaks' I believe it would be a futile effort. The Watchtower is a house with century old plumbing, it's dripping and leaking information all over the place. Sure they can patch up the pipes but new leaks will burst out somewhere else.

fading elders would get access - but if there is a digital trail in the system - if it finds it 's way to JWD or other places - they could soon hunt down the culprits.

True, and this would backfire spectacularly against the Watchtower.

• blondie
    blondie

It was a saying that the progression of communication to a large number of people started with the:

TELEGRAPH

TELEPHONE

TELL-A-BETHELITE (ELDER, ELDER'S WIFE, etc.)

Witnesses can't keep secrets from everyone. They have to tell their best friend (and that ain't Jehovah)

Blondie

• sinis
    sinis

If they were smart they would discontinue the paper trail. They would mandate that each congregation have its own computer, send them one and then install, unbeknownst to the congregation, software such as GoldenEye. Tell the congregation that they are not allowed to print the information, disable saving, printing, etc. and then conduct audits on the computers, remote with GoldenEye, every so often. Oh, and give each elder an ID and pw or only allow access by the PO, etc.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

People can hack the most secure defense systems. The more they try, the more will be the urge to leak and hack

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I've read a lot of speculation about the society potentially implementing digital distribution systems for confidential correspondence. I've even seen talk of digitally distributing magazines and other publications and asking the congregations to bear the cost of printing them. I think this talk ignores the fact that many elders have no idea how to work a computer. This is especially true in the foreign-language congregations that I was familiar with. Most of the brothers there are immigrant construction workers who would have an extremely difficult time learning how to operate a computer.

The school overseer at the last congregation I attended used a typewriter for the cards he handed out. I think an elder from a neighboring hall finally decided to use a computer to help him out. This would work really well in congregations where there is at least one computer-savvy elder. There are a lot of congregations in the U.S. that don't have any. I imagine the ratio of congregations with entirely computer-illiterate BOEs in the developing world is through the roof.

• sinis
    sinis
    People can hack the most secure defense systems. The more they try, the more will be the urge to leak and hack

I disagree. Commercial software that uses encryption such as 4096 bit RSA, or 256 bit AES, or 128 bit RC5, etc. keys , along with hardware keys (dongles) make it nearly impossible (99.9%) at the moment. Not to mention non commercial applications...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Plus if we hacked them and posted in on here they could sue or press charges against this site wouldn't they looooooove that!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

But...just think of the fun one (1) single, specially trained WT tech will have when one goes, inevitably, apostate.

And what about the older P.O. that's scared of computers, so he gets his teenage son to help him get it working again.

And what about the 3rd World countries ?

The WT is gonna lose Big.

Rabbit

• emptywords
    emptywords

all we need is the bible and God's holy spirit, follow Jesus example....have a nice day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit