If you're in NSW, take cover, batten down the hatches!

by ozziepost 5 Replies latest social current

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

From AAP tonight:

Tuesday June 19, 07:47 PM

NSW waits for 'worst storm' of the month

Residents of NSW coastal areas are bracing for what threatens to be the most dangerous of three major storms to hit the state this month.

Cyclonic winds up to 125km/h and huge waves were forecast to batter the coastline from tonight and into Wednesday, starting at Moruya in the state's south and moving north

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Is that where you are? Let us know how you are in the morning!!!! The USA got some bad floods in Texas over the last couple days!!

Take care!

shell

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, it was a wild night but not as bad as expected.

From AAP:

Wednesday June 20, 08:00 AM

Storm slams NSW coast, some roads closed

A large storm off the coast south of Sydney is bringing destructive winds, heavy rains, damaging surf and snow to large parts of NSW.

The extreme weather has forced road closures in and around Sydney.

The deep low pressure system well east of the Illawarra coast is expected to move southeast later this morning, with the edge of the cell affecting the state's coast.

The worst conditions, with hurricane force winds, are still well out to sea.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

meh, I've seen worse!

20cm of snow though, woohoo!!

• Mary
    Mary

Glad you guys are okay........although it sounds so strange to hear about getting "20 cm of snow" in late June.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Closed roads etc etc plus a few trees down to make life interesting in my area (Upper Blue Mountains, about 120km west of Sydney).

We did get snow overnight at home though ! Perhaps more later in the week.

h9k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit