Please Welcome Emptywords to JWD!!!

by horrible life 10 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/136430/2.ashx

Welcome Emptywords!!

I love your name. That is exactly what the witnesses are full of!!

Is this busybody related to any elders? That is a dead give-a-way. She will get away with anything.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

emptywords, welcome. i hope you enjoy this board as much as i have. if it wasn't for places like this, and the awesome people here, i don't know where i'd be. it was crazy to me. when i first left, i thought i was wrong. i felt i was the only person who felt this way. then i realise there are thousands of people that, although have differing opinions, feel much the same way i do. the important thing to realise is, your free, and able to make your own choices. welcome to the board, and welcome to freedom. the road will be bumpy, but, alot of the people here are good shock absorbers .

• eclipse
    eclipse
    the road will be bumpy, but, alot of the people here are good shock absorbers .

That has got to be one of the best sentiments I have ever read. Original (to me) and dead on! Well said, bigdreaux.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

thanks eclipse, i have my moments. lol

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, they are looking. They want you to "prove yourself."

Hope to hear more from you soon.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

WELCOME to the forum!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Welcome Emptywords!

• emptywords
    emptywords

Hi and thanks for you're kind words, no she isn't any elders wife that's the problem she wishes she was and is so jealous of the sisters, she is bitter, I really liked her when I came back, I needed a friend and thought this women is mature, answers up well, out witnessing regularily gives and volunteers for talks, she is mature a good example I thought, she seemed kind, but just used me to get info about things I opened up to her, just feelings and stuff and she stabbed me in the back, all because this old toad of a brother liked me and we used to pioneer years ago, and he always talked well of me. There is so much, but I dont want to rant, I just am so disappointed in the reaction of others as well. I feel betrayed. I dont' want to take it out on Jehovah, and their are some very caring loving sisters and brothers in the congregation, but I feel some how that I would be ignored by them if for example I was reproved if I told this person off, which I would love to let her know I know what she has been doing. I'm thinking of having the elders around and just telling them what I think, because I feel a hypocrite just coming on here and sounding off.

Cheers

• penny2
    penny2

Hi emptywords, welcome to JWD from a fellow Aussie (I'm from Adelaide). Hope you're not being battered too much by those storms at the moment.

penny2

• juni
    juni

Welcome to the forum emptywords!

answers up well, out witnessing regularily gives and volunteers for talks,

Three very good reasons you mentioned that make her "special" to the elders. My experience was this - a lot of brothers or sisters who did all they were told to do also including elders' wives were some of the worst gossipers - and I mean malicious gossip.

I got fed up w/it to the point that I would go in my own car to the territory because I got so tired of the backbiting.... When working w/those who were backbiters I found myself continually changing the subject. Eventually they got the idea, but it didn't make for a pleasant time.

I even included it once in my comment at a WT study - quoting scripture where it said that this backbiting can lead to a person's being consumed and downtrodded. Not one word from anyone.

I understand what you are experiencing. I hope you have success by talking w/the elders. Hopefully you won't be labeled a "complainer". When that happens it's a real smack in the face.

Sincerely, Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit