Pirate copies of Knocking Director

by jwfacts 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I just received an email from Knocking Director with the following message.

IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTE
    Please note that the KNOCKING DVD is copyright protected and it is unlawful to make copies of the DVD, even if you are making copies for friends/family and have no intention of selling the copies.

There are reports that a number of people have been making copies of the DVD, under the assumption that it is OK for "educational purposes" or to give as gifts to friends and family. This is an abuse of the KNOCKING copyright. It is the same as stealing.

Now I can not imagine exJWs want to share this propoganda DVD around. I can not imagine nonJWs would really care less about it. So who would it be that are making these illegal pirate copies for educational purposes. CHEAP JWs. JWs are notorious in Sydney for attending all the free concerts. They seem quite trained now to accept their literature for free without paying for it. I bet the Knocking Director director did not factor into his budget that his largest source of revenue would be knocking off illegal copies of his movie.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Cesar's Law doesn't apply to me!!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

haha, good point jw. thanks for the post.

• yesidid
    yesidid

We were given a copy of Knocking by my husband's brother.

He copied it himself while we were there.

HE IS AN ELDER

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

my buddie just called, he taped it. i am going to see it tonight.

• geevee
    geevee

Why did he email the reminder to you? Was he worried you might include a torrent on your website? Have a good one..... p.s. my course is going well. Just learning heaps about the back ground.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

for those that haven't seen it, knocking is a total puff piece. almost made me sick. they glorified the blood issue, didn't give any counterpoints to it. they showed how the witnesses fought for the right to preach, and how this opened the doors to many people. great, but, they failed to mention the witnesses don't extend this freedom to others. then, they harped on the concentration camps witnesses endured. i won't make light of what they went through, it was horrible, but, they didn't show how the society at first tried to appease hitler. i give it a over and over.

• bernadette
    bernadette

that is just so typical. Wonder if they'll start offering copies of the dvd in the ministry.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Wonder if they'll start offering copies of the dvd in the ministry.

" And this wonderful aid to understanding the culture and religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is yours if you want a copy. We just ask for donation to help defray the cost of piratin,,, um copying,,,, um, production of this DVD. All contributions go to support our worldwide work [displaying the nice 'In support of Kingdom Preaching' envelope she pulls from her bookbag]. "

Jeff

• 38 Years
    38 Years

They could take portable DVD players from door to door and street corner work. A new medium to add to their historical blurb:

The radio was used extensively in the 1920's and 1930's. By 1933 the Society was using 403 radio stations to broadcast Bible lectures. Later, the use of the radio was largely replaced by increased house-to-house visits by Witnesses with portable phonographs and recorded Bible talks. Home Bible studies were started with anyone who showed interest in Bible truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit