favorite weird foods

by bigdreaux 33 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    ah, nvr, i lived in denver while i went to college, and had some rocky mountain oysters, knowing full well what they were. you have to remember, we are cajuns down here. we'll eat anything that doesn't eat us first. trust me, when you come down here, i'll introduce you to some interesting food. lol.

Bring it bigd! LOL! Looking forward to it bro!

• horrible life
    horrible life

TO DO LIST

Have dinner with:

bigdreaux

Wordly Andre

White Dove

nvrnbk

Mrbloo

AWAKE&WATCHING I'll be right there!! and I'll bring the sugar cookies. I love them with strawberry creme cheese!!! I'll share my cookies, and try some of yours!!!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

haha horrible life. a few weeks ago, i was in a bar, and they were boiling crawfish. there were a bunch of people from new york and scotland in there. they looked at us like we were nuts when we started eating. after we got them to try it, they couldn't get enough. the things we eat are weird to most, but, we know how to make them yummie. lol here's what they look like for those that don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayfish

oh so good.

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/129918/2383918/post.ashx#2383918 I discovered crawfish last month. Sparkplug and her daughter, gave me my first bite, then gave me step-by-step instructions for further enjoyment of the ugly critters.

But, they did have their down side.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/129918/2383923/post.ashx#2383923

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

horrible life. crumble crackers and lemon juice in your hand, also, if you have crawfish here, we use alot of spice. make sure you wash up good before any intimate contact. yeeeowwwww. also, guys, wash really good before using the restroom.

• mrbloo
    mrbloo

yum yum looks good ive seen them on tv an always wanted to try em...looks like trip to the fishmongers!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Now mrbloo, I have to tell you, that these little jewels are only about 3 inches long. I will try to describe what you do. Others will be able to do it better though. You tear off the tail from the body, and it looks like a teeny weenie lobster tail. Tear it open and you get a piece of meat, that is as big as your little finger to the first joint. Yes, less than 1 inch. or 2.54 cm if I remember my metric.

THEN.... you tear off the head, and suck. Apparently, there is some good liquid-like meat or something in there. I opted to skip that part.

If anyone would like to add to this, please do.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

mrbloo, come on down to new orleans, louisiana, i'll personally cook ya up a batch. horrible life is 100% accurate. you have to eat alot of them to fill up. most people eat between 4-6 lbs. all the flavor is in the head. the trick is to squeeze really hard, will sucking on the head. most people that try it love it. it does take some balls to do it initially though. lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

Many people may think snails are disgusting but they are quite nice cooked (boiled) and eaten with bread and garlic butter. They are also very nutritious and good for one's health.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

this is a very french city. lots of snail eating here. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit